Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

knock knock summers back

I cant beleive it once the outdoor temp. hits about 80 my front end starts knocking. I can feel it in the steering wheel and on the floor board. I know fluids can change with temp. but I was wondering if bushings can too? 96 Explorer
  2. G

clunking noise from the suspension

I have been fighting that same nosie on my 96 for over 5 years, but I think the link that Robert posted has been the problem the whole time, I have spent a lot of money trying to find that nosie, it is really bad in the summer. THANK YOU ROBERT. G.T.
  3. G

Popping/Creaking in Front Pass. Wheel

I have been fighting the same problem for years. It is really bad in the summer when it is hot, thats why I think it's fluid breaking down causing parts to move more freely? I can push up and down on my front bumper and it just makes popping sounds. When Im driving I can feel it in the...
  4. G

Front End Goes POP! help!

My 96 is still stock but the front end pops alot you can feel it in the steering wheel but I cannot locate the source, it dose it really bad in the summer. I have also changed alot of the front end. good luck
  5. G

leaning

On my 96 Explore the gas tank sits right over the left rear wheel so it always leans toward the drivers side.
  6. G

front end knocks

Knocking Thanks to all who have responed so far I have faith that Someone will know what it is and I can fix it. It really knocks bad when the front end is going up and down in the summer I can push up and down on the front bumper and it will knock with each motion. I have taken it to front...
  7. G

front end knocks

I have a 96 XLT and the front end knocks, I can feel it in the steering wheel but I cannot locate it. It knocks really bad in the summer. I have had a lot of parts changed but it still knocks. The dealer ship says this is a big problem with them but they can not find the problem. I have been...
Back