Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

aeroturbine exaust

Sorry guys, wrong web site. heres the real one www.aero-turbine.com
  2. W

aeroturbine exaust

Its a muffler system. Check out www.aeroturbine.com The web site will tell you all about it.
  3. W

aeroturbine exaust

:us: Well i got one put on the explorer today. I'm real happy with it. Sounds real good Can feel a big gain in power. Not sure about the fuel mileage yet. Will keep a eye on it and let you guys know.
  4. W

aeroturbine exaust

:exporange Anyone have the AeroTurbine exaust on their explorers? I'm thinking of getting one. I've heard their pretty good. :us:
  5. W

Running Lights

The wierdest thing is happening to my explorer. The running lights will come on and stay on. I can't turn them off with the switch. According to the switch they should be off. It doesn't happen all the time. Its a twice a week thing. Eventually they will shut off. Does anyone have an...
  6. W

Whining noise when hot

Thats a great video EBinterceptor. That is what is sounds like. Its really noticable under acceleration. Thanks for the video.
  7. W

Whining noise when hot

Thats what it is doing kfkodiac. A loud howling noise. and esp. with the a/c on. Thanks for the info, i'll try cleaning the IAC. Also forgot to mention i have the S&B air intake. That probably needs cleaning too.
  8. W

Whining noise when hot

Is a loud whining noise common when a explorer is running hot? My explorer is really loud when it is hot out. It sounds like it is coming from the engine, and only happens when the temp guage is past the half way point on the guage. Can anyone clue me in to what is happening here.
  9. W

Air Conditioning

Thanks Mark for the info. Mine is the same, "Black Death" the shop said the whole system was contaminated and needed to be replaced. It was the third shop that looked at it. They all said the same thing. Scott
  10. W

Air Conditioning

Thanks guys, I thought it sounded a little high.
  11. W

Air Conditioning

How does $1400 sound for a r-134a coversion. Its the lowest quote I got. They are replacing the compressor, condenser, reciever dryer, and evaporator core. All of which were in horrible shape. The conversion kit itself is $50 bucks.
  12. W

Radius Arm Bushings

What is the purpose of radius arm bushings? Are they easy to replace myself? A shop told me they are bad. When I hit a pothole or a bump in the road, i hear something knocking pretty bad. Does that sound like something that would happen if the radius arm bushing were bad?
  13. W

Los Coyotes

Whats up guys I'm heading to Los Cyotes on saturday. I love that place. Their are some crazy trails. Hopefully I'll see some Explorers there.
  14. W

Vaccum Lines on airbox, KKM

On my 92 i plugged one of them up with a bolt and left one open. The instructions say which one to plug up. I can't remember which one it was. There doesn't seem to be any problems with it. scott
  15. W

went mudding, got problems

Thanks for the replys guys. I'll take my Explorer to a pressure washer and wash everything. Give the engine a nice scrubbing
  16. W

i probably should take out the radiator and clean it out really good. I got all the mud off that i can see. Some mud is probably stuck in the fins of the radiator. I probably won't go mudding like that again. I also destroyed my alternator and my battery.
  17. W

Hey everyone, I went to a intense mud pit a few days ago. A buddy in his F-250 flat bed and i in my explorer. The mud was about 2-3 feet deep and very wet. We played around in it for a while, then we drove to the river. On the way my explorer started to overheat real bad. I stoped at my...
  18. W

wierd noise

I'm hearing a clicking noise when i turn the steering wheel. On a full turn it clicks about 3 or 4 times. I can also feel the clicks as i turn the wheel. It's really strange. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know. Thanks, Scott
  19. W

emblum light

Thanks guys for all the info. I haven't heard many good reviews, so i don't think i'm going to get one. they sure look cool though.
  20. W

emblum light

Has anyone seen those FORD emblums that are lit up? They are a blue indigo color. I'm wondering where i can find one. They look sweet.
  21. W

Wierd Noise

I'm hearing a wierd noise coming from the front end. It sounds like grinding, or a loud groaning noise. it seems to happen when i'm at speeds between 25 and 65. It disapears when traveling at all other speeds. It gets really loud when i'm changing lanes or going around a curve. Could it be...
  22. W

just turned 200,000 today

My 92 XLT turned 200,000 miles today. It's still as strong as the day it was built. and beautiful too:D
  23. W

4x4 problem

Thanks, I'll try the fuse first.
  24. W

4x4 problem

I went to engage 4 wheel drive this morning and nothing happened. No lights or noises. I checked the ECM, when i press the white button i get a solid red light. This means it's the computer, right?
  25. W

shift motor replacement

The shift motor has craped out on me again. How hard is it to remove and replace the transfer case shift motor in a 92 xlt. Does it require dropping the transfer case or is just bolt off bolt on. I am going to try and find a used motor and install it myself. save a couple hundred. Any thoughts...
Back