Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rattle noise

timing cassett on 4.0 sohc
  2. B

Credit card stuck in CD player

my grandson managed half a bowl of oatmeal with raisons,, his little brother helped, his hand was smaller..long time ago tape player
  3. B

5R55E rebuild or alternatives?

well,, im drawinm a blank to post new threds si ill put it here since its related,,, first,, i talked to a trans rebuilder, he said i could use a 5r55e but some had 2 sensors at the back and some had onewhat i did not find out was if my 98 4.0 sohc was one or 2 sensors,, but on to another...
  4. B

5R55E rebuild or alternatives?

does anyone have an idea why hollander and mitchell manuals say only the trannies from 98 will fit 98,, has anyone used other trans than 98 in their exp,, my exp 1998 4.0 SOHC,,, what were the problems?? thanks buck
  5. B

Wheels to fit a Dana 44

the early waggoneers,, jeep cjs, in fact all the old jeeps,, scouts, ford pu, international half ton big lug,, were 5 lug 5 1/2 inch,, oh old broncos when they were full size,,,,,, then newer waggoneers after 73, chev from um 71 mebbe an older, were 6 lug,, lots jap trucks, mazda nissan, land...
  6. B

Battery or Alternator...Please Help!

your alt is not fried,, if it was you would not get any voltage,, most likely you have a voltage regulator problem, could also be a brush problem or combination of both,, if you ahave a battery goin bad an makes the alternator charge constantly it will usually ressult in alternater failure...
  7. B

Cooling System woes....

if you have a garage where u can get under with a creeper,, put it up on jackstands or ramps,, a good light, run it till the motors hot and get unnderneath and just watch,, itll drip, buck
  8. B

Starts, then dies in seconds

when u get filter out,, try blowing thru it in same direction as flow... after draining fuel of course,,, if filter flow is hard or filter is heavy,, then stoppage is most likely but stiil knowing fuel pressure delivered is good diagnostic... now just because filter was changed last week doesnt...
  9. B

Dear Lord, I need help

your wheels already ruined,, take the easy way out,, put the victor wrench on there,
  10. B

In need of some assistance please?

im with you, i think its bad too,, what is posters ability to change just reg???
  11. B

changing tire size

are u just changing one wheel and tire or all 4????
  12. B

Any ideas

sounds like u need a good battery post and cable connector cleaning,, and make sure your battery is in good shape and charged , go from there, check your ground and hot connections
  13. B

Transmission gone?

sounds to me like u have major elec, electronic issues with computer plus that low fluid thing would worry me,, what color, smell is tyour tranny fluid,,
  14. B

In need of some assistance please?

if u have a HIGH voltage reading, belt slippage is not your problem, and if your not an accomplished rebuilder,, i would recommend finding a reman guaranteed alternator, ebay or something,, oreillys, kragen but first menbbe have it tested, but pretty sure u need an alternator,, your system...
  15. B

How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming

another thing i have done that i believe is a good idea,, ,, it is a bad idea to hang a bunch of keys on the ign locjk cylinder, it wears the tumblers out.. i put my pats key in the console and have a non pats key cut ,, that one i put on my master bunch of keys, i use non pats key to open the...
  16. B

How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming

i had to take my wifes 98 to the dealer to have second key programmed into the computer then following protocol from the service manual i programmed the third key myself, good luck to you, buck
  17. B

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

not hard at all,, two screws on the back side of steering wheel that u access by poping plug out of steering wheel cover,, that releases crashbag, which u disconnect or just lay back over the wheel, then unplug switches and unscrew from wheel,, be sure dosconnect battery
  18. B

Help... car is looked while the key inside

take your title, and vin number to the ford dealer,, they will give u a code u can take to locksmith who will cut you anew key, common happens all the time,, while ur at it have 2 or moere keys made so that u have exrras,, including lock gas caps keys if u have it,, while ur at it make a pvc...
  19. B

Transmission fluid in the radiator!

bottle or two???!!!, cupfull would be plenty,, most any detergent would work fine but dawn is good,, joy is good,,
  20. B

Diff

expedition is based on pickup chassis and running gear,, lug pattern is larger,, axle is wider.. explorer is as u know based on ranger running gear,, small pattern
  21. B

Truck is starting to hum loudly when driving

i used to get loud humming but only when i was driving,, when my exwife drove it didnt hum at all,, i checked everything,, turned out it was the wife,, she was afraid of my driving,, she hummed,, and she didnt know the words,, got her sheet music,, and she sang,, i shudda left her well enough...
  22. B

steering problem

iomagine your 18 year old daughter driving this car down the freeway at 70 miles an hour an suddenly she cant turn ghthe wheel,,, do you want her driving it,,now imagine your husband driving,,, now imagine you at home and u find 2 cops on your front porch,,,, leave it till its fixed!!!
  23. B

this really bothers me

if ypu dont get the rust out an feather it in,, rustll be back
  24. B

Transmission swap with code that doesn't match

every swap site i have been able to access sez i can only use 1998 merc mountaineer and 98 ford sohc 5r55E transmission code D in my 98 exp,, i have asked every one i could find why, tranny shops, junkies,, everyone,, no answer yet,, cant find what the difference isl if u do let me know please,,
Back