Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

5.0 awd problems in the snow

update : We got a ton of snow almost 18 inches. My sisters driveway was not plowed at all I got in with no problem but backing out was a joke. If i barely touched the gas pedal the rear tires just spun, no front wheel spin at all. Tried going forward again and just rear tire spin, front tires...
  2. J

5.0 awd problems in the snow

I have a 96 limited 5.0 awd, just got the first snow of the season and I had a difficult time. The tires break traction very easily if the rpms are brought up above 1500, it fish tails untill you let off the gas completly. Then once its stops fishtailing if you slowly increase the gas it will...
  3. J

Blower continues to blow

the whole module itself- as the one inside the truck?
  4. J

Blower continues to blow

I have a 96 explorer 5.0 awd, with the ATC... A few days ago the blower started continueing to work even after the off button was pushed on the atc.. I cant control the fan speed at all, the vents still change however.. When the off button is pushed on the atc the air is directed towards the...
  5. J

Failed Emissions

I knew that, but not until after I took it... What is the problems thats my question.
  6. J

Failed Emissions

I have a 96 5.0 awd limited, the check engine light has been one for sometime now, and i am getting very bad gas mileage, about 12city 17 on highway. I used to get 21 on the highway city was about 15-16 . The code is p0340, camshaft position sensor. Well it failed emissions so they wont inspect...
  7. J

Front diff bearing failure ??

IMq707 not to get off topic but when you had all four tires off the ground, did all for spin at the same time, or did just the back move?
  8. J

96 5.0 AWD problems

I have a tendency to have bad things happen to me, so what should I do when on the dirt to see if it is working, Jump on the gas and then let go or....?
  9. J

96 5.0 AWD problems

I have a 96 limited 5.0 with AWD. It has about 115,000 miles on it. On the highway it pulls to the left, and sometimes to the right making it very hard to keep straight. The tires where just aligned recently so I dont think it could be that. I know the pull of tires being out of alignment and...
  10. J

Grinding when accelerating

I have a 96 limited 5.0 awd with 119000 miles on it. When I accelerate from a complete stop it makes this slight grinding sound and vibrates a little bit,until it shifts into second gear. If i get on the accelerator from a complete stop and bring it up to about 4500 rpms its still does it but my...
  11. J

Accident!!

The speed limit on the road is 25mph. When I was turning my was doing about 3mph. My dad had the ticket that had been writen out with the court date on it, they originally said it was on tuesday. Well monday morning comes along and my dad looked at the ticket and it said monday, it was already...
  12. J

Accident!!

Well here are the pictures pictures
  13. J

Accident!!

the other car was an early body style maxima. The explorer defiantly won the fight. I have pictures and will try to post them.
  14. J

Accident!!

I got into an accident about a week ago. I was makeing a left hand turn onto a side street from a busy street I was on. There is a blind corner on the street so I always listen and look just to make sure no one was coming. Well I didn't hear anybody nore see anybody coming so I proceded to turn...
  15. J

My tach went bonkers. Please give advise

On my 92 my tach is doing the same exact thing, it started about 2 days ago.
  16. J

Barely used 1999 explorer

A guy that I know has a 96 ex V8 it has 60,000 miles on it. This thing sounds terrible. I drove it a few month ago and it didnt sounds right, sounded very rough. He drives this truck to and from work every day which is only a few miles from his house. I dont think it ever sees the highway. I...
  17. J

odd 4x4 light in a 94'

my lowrange light does that, and i have a problem with it
  18. J

aftermarket parts

Around here there is an aftermarket company Zeng, their parts are very well made and match up perfect. We are using they for my 96, which needs a radiator support also, they have it. The website is zeng
  19. J

Curiosity question about V-8 installs in 2nd gens

theres is an explorer around here, it has a 425 in it. no word of a lie. Dont know what the person did to it, to make the engine that big. It was a customers explorer at a local mustang tuner shop. The people there said the owner was putting a $2000+ exhaust system on it.
  20. J

Transmission

Last friday during work my transmission decides its going to stop working. (The truck didnt have overdrive when I bought it so we knew the transmission was on its way out. The truck now has 171,000+- miles on it, I got the truck with 142,000 miles on it so I put roughly 30,000 on it). I was just...
  21. J

Hit a hydrant

its very depressing I love this truck
  22. J

Hit a hydrant

Well I got, into another acceident. This time in my limited that I just got last week. :( The snow had just started to fall, and was putting a thin layer of snow on the roads, you could still see the grass so it just started. I deside I am going to go out driving, big mistake. I pulled on to a...
  23. J

96 Aftermarket radio run around

The last time I went to circuit city's road shop the guy that worked there was a jerk to me. He was extremely rude about answering a few questions I had.
  24. J

96 Aftermarket radio run around

I want to install my pioneer deck into my 96 limited. I went to best buy to get the wiring harness and the guy tells me that it will cost me $60 because I have to run new wire from the harness that bypasses the factory amp to the aftermarket head unit. This guy proceeded to tell me that I didnt...
  25. J

1996 explorer limited

I recently purchased a 1996 explorer limited, from an auction. We paid $2000 for it. It has 118,000 miles, V8 Awd, sunroof, 6disic cd changer, power everything. Tan leather interior, with pearl white exterior. The rear differental was locked up, we think it was leaking and caused the pinion...
Back