Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. New Album

New Album

2. J

SOHC Headers!!

I would say that headers on a V6 SOHC not are a waste of money. They do improve net horsepower and that is what we are looking for. But horsepower per money spent is not as good as other mods. The headers are one of the last things you are going to do. Headers are definitely a stage 2 mod. The...
  3. J

Sway Bar Group Purchase From Explorer Express!

Sway Bar Group Purchase From Explorer Express! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Just wanted to let you know that I have started a group purchase over at the "Questions For Explorer Express Forum". For details check it out:
  4. J

Explorer Express Special: 10% off $200+ (ends April 30th)

Just give me a call on those Ground Force Springs......I will take care of you!
  5. J

Speedo Problems

Hydroxy How does this make you feel? I think it would be healthy for your relationship to let her statisfy her inner feelings by bringing home this other women......dream on. Seriously, thanks for looking out for me. I do not really have time to answer all the questions people will have...
  6. J

new tires front shakes????help

There is something wrong with that wheel & tire package. The tires are out of round or out of balance. The whhel could be the problem also. I say you better knock on 4x4PARTS door.
  7. J

Rear Emblem

We use a pic (dentists tool) with a hook on it. Gently work your way around the emblem pulling it away from the surface without touching the paint. Take your time and be patient. The "Explorer" emblem is taped on. I believe the blue oval Ford emblem will leave holes. Good luck!
  8. J

Front End vibration

I can say with 99.99% confidence that you have warped front brake rotors. This is very common on early Explorers. The brakes are just too small. The pad thickness can be good but if the rotors are warped it will cause a shimmy/vibration under braking. It will require new pads and...
  9. J

Speedo Problems

This will not be an easy problem to diagnose. But I do have a few questions. How are you testing the accuracy of your speedo? How do you know the speedo is inaccurate at high speeds? What size tires do you have? Speedometers are normaly more accurate at low speeds. There are two main...
  10. J

Bilstein Shocks?

The Bistiens will make the Explorer handle good, but the ride is a bit firm on a lowered vehicle. They are designed for the stock ride travel. When you put them on a lowered Explorer, the ride quality is a bit harsh. We are fond of the Edelbrocks because they models that are tuned for the...
  11. J

Heads possibly cracked, Any Suggestions

You may want to find someone with a cooling system pressure tester. Pump it up and check for leaks. The early V6 OHV are famous for leaking intake gasket at the rear. This would be a much easier job than the head gasket. If you find no leaks or loss of pressure after the pressure, you should...
  12. J

Bullit Wheels??

We carry the Bullit Replica Wheels that have the correct offset for the Explorer here at Explorer Express. http://www.explorerexpress.com/catalog/pages/wheels.html
  13. J

Ranger bolt ons?

The Ranger hood will definitely NOT fit on the Explorer. We have the correct cowl hood on our Explorer Express web site. http://www.explorerexpress.com/hoods/
  14. J

Cowl Hood

The 97 Ranger hood will NOT work on any Explorer. We still have the cowl hood available. Let me know if you have any questions.
  15. J

Right exhaust for me?

The Dyno-Max System is pretty tame sound wise. If you are looking for a cat-back system that adds performance, but is not too loud then this is the on. We carry these on our web site at Explorer Express.
  16. J

Catback from Explorer Express

Michael We carry the Dyno-Max and Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust System here at Explorer Express. Let me know if you have any questions.
  17. J

2004 explorer

The 2004 Explorer has the mass air sensor and air box moulded together as one unit. You will need to install a new intake and mass air sensor together. We have the Mac Intake & Pro-M Sensor available. The problem with the 04 is that the electrical connector is different and it needs to be...
  18. J

MAC Install - PITA

Hang on a second, there is a different plate. We got it figured out now with very little help from Mac Products. We have the correct plate coming from Mac. Once I verify that is correct, I will send it to you at no charge. I can supply you with a new filter. We actually sell many of the Mac...
  19. J

Yet another 5.0 conversion question-carb?

This could be done, but you would have to change some parts on your new long block. The Explorer V8 is set up for distributorless ignition. That means you would have to change items like the crank pulley, front cover etc. I beleive that ford racing has the parts required in catalog. If you...
  20. J

true dual exhaust on a SOHC?

There is no room for a "true dual" exhaust system on a Explorer. The gas tank gets in the way. There is no company that makes dual exhaust system for the explorer. You can do custom dual system from the muffler back. Many members have done this. The pipes have to make several bends around the...
  21. J

Intake Install problems

MeGrog2 I have the proper grommet you need for the hole you will be drilling. Give me a call. 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673) John V.
  22. J

MAC Install - PITA

OK.........It sounds like Mac Products put the incorrect bracket in your kit . There is only one part number for the V6 OHV. I have sent another bracket out today for you 2nd day air. You should get it on Friday. Let me know if this does the trick. Sorry you had a problem with it! John V.
  23. J

Hood Scoop From Explorer Express!

Yes that one is like Black Magics. It does fit on a gen 1 as is if you slide it all the way back. If you notch out the the back of the scope for the body line you could move it forward.
  24. J

Want to get airride, got a few questions

The standard Air Lift Kit for the rear is $194.95. The optional controller $121.95 allows you to adjust the rear ride height from the drivers seat. The controller kit includes the compressor & gauge. This is a single conlroller. If you want a dual controller so you can adjust side to side it...
  25. J

Granatelli MAF Sensor (Explorer 5.0)

We sell the Pro-M 75mm Mass Air Sensor here at Explorer Express. It is custom calibrated for a open air filter like the Mac. We have sold this combination many times with good results. This set up will definitely wake up your performance/ Check out the performance section of our 5.0 page on...
Back