Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

98 XLT wierd when starting

Ok here goes. I am not much of a mechanic, so i dont really know how to tell you everything, but i will do my best. Drove home one day, everything fine. Tried to start next day, nothing. It was like the battery was dead. So, went and got a jump, started right up. Let it run for about 2...
  2. R

Tension pulley

I had a pulley just fall off my explorer when i put it in reverse and backed up about 2 feet. It is on a v-6 and it is the farthest to the left, second one down.....(if i remember right, i am at work and can not see it) I think it is the tension pulley. I would like to know if this has...
  3. R

Smooth Ride

What all has to be done to get you the smoothest ride? thanks
  4. R

bearings?

last night i was driving and heard like a metal crunching sound, and now when i drive, i hear some sounds coming from the front passenger wheel. someone told me that it might be the bearings. where are the bearings, how can i tell if they are broke and are they hard to replace. thanks 93...
  5. R

interior work

no, i ripped the whole side off when i went to shut the door....the handle was kinda comin off but the whole thing ripped off.
  6. R

interior work

panel finding just wondering if anyone knows where to find parts for the interior like the door panel. thanks in advance
  7. R

buying trans

do you all think that it would be cheaper to buy a new trans or just have my old one rebuilt.....i know nothing about these, how hard are they to put in? should i take it to someone who knows what they are doing or just take a stab at it myself? where is a good place to buy one and what kind...
  8. R

So THIS is why my trans would not shift up!

same problem i am having the same problem, but i just had my trans fluid flushed and there was nothing in the pan. is there anything thing else that might be wrong with it...ie. throttle body (is there a shift module in these) and/or anything else? thanks in advance
  9. R

Trans trans trans trans

i am having problems with my 93. i really don't know anything about the trans but it is auto and 4x4. do you know what kind it is? where would be the best place to get a new one? are they hard to put in yourself? thanks in advance
Back