Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

I messed up :( rebuild or junk it?

I would try cleaning and tightening the lifters to spec before I replace them if money is tight. If you think its a piston or rings, you could do a compression test, it should give you an idea which cylinder the problem is coming from. If its the lifters the tick shouldn't be abnoxiusly loud. If...
  2. R

Worst stuck pic thread

Remember the Ford Fiesta? I use to drive one, it went thru creeks and off-roading in it, it never quit. I think its still be used for getting around the junk yard near st. louis. lol good times.
  3. R

My Sunday drive that went wrong

Yeh, no body damage. This spot use to be a cool hill to wheel up, but the rain washed out the trail and end result creating this washed out ditch. There has since been another trail next to it You can't really see it in the pics, but as you look at the front of the ex in the pic it would be on...
  4. R

My Sunday drive that went wrong

Well, I knew it would happen and it probably won't be the last. The good was swimmin and grillin. The bad well I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
  5. R

Need help with my V8 swap

:popcorn: Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm reading you are getting power to the console when you turn the key, correct? If so have you thought about doing a push button to start it, when the key is turned. I think it would just take some wiring to the starter motor. I'm not an...
  6. R

Return from SMORR 2010

Thanks for having me down, it was great! I wish I could've been there earlier and stayed longer. It was awesome to meet everyone there. Next event I should have the ex more prepared to do some wheelin. getting called into work <--really sucks! Thanks Greg for letting me tag along in your...
  7. R

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

On a side note: I can probably get your band covered for next year and it will probably be cheaper. My cuz and good friends would most likely be glad to play. As long as everyone likes Southern Rock and Classic Rock n Roll. Band Name is "The Fenderbenders" http://fenderbenders.weebly.com/...
  8. R

I may need to use it. I have a Cobra 29 LTD Classic somewhere around this place and for some odd reason it disappeared. So I have been looking for it all week. I have'nt decided if I want to take the exploder wheelin yet, being that its stock and I have not had time to do much with it besides...
  9. R

Same, whether I get the shackles on before I go or not or find some tires, whichever, I will still be there. I'm in it to have fun, meet & greet, wheelin, etc. P.S. I bet if we had a wet T-shirt contest more would show up, haha!
  10. R

Did we just lose our trail coordinator for SMORR?
  11. R

I removed mine and welded the holes, I haven't purchased the herc yet. But I did not want any water and dirt to get inside the rockers. I don't plan on having sliders on mine either.
  12. R

Removing step bars

I removed my running boards and was going to do the foam idea as well, but I have decided to weld the holes,sand down, bondo, then herculiner the bottom half of the rockers. Should be able to do all this for less than 50 bucks.
  13. R

?? on the 8.8 rearend

yes, both are 3.73's, the locker would be the ticket, but I don't have the money for a locker at the moment. When I change the gears down the road thats when I will look into a locker, plus I have 9 " and D44 sitting at my house just anxiously waiting to be worked over and shoved underneath this...
  14. R

I like those, definetly like those. If I were to drive and pay for these it would have to go on a post-SMORR list of mods. For now I will fill the holes from the side steps and herc the rockers. I would like to add, this forum is awesome! Upgrading to elite is definitely a go!
  15. R

?? on the 8.8 rearend

I thought it would work just needed some confirmation and maybe get a reply from someone who had already done it. Oh, and I did mean ring/pinion. Thanks. RR
  16. R

?? on the 8.8 rearend

I have a 8.8 rearend off a 1/2 ton pickup, 96 model, it has limited slip. On my 98 ex it is open diff. Anyone know if the rack/pinion (LS) would fit and work in the ex? Figurin that they were both 8.8 thinkin maybe so. I think I may have found the answer here...
  17. R

Wheel Bearing Seal - Fixed 'It was harder to fill the hog head back up than fix the seal' ha! Exhaust - Fixed Running Boards - pulled them off. I'm thinkin bout fab'n up some rock sliders.
  18. R

5x 4.5 would work, talked to unclemike and he may be able to hook me up with some 32" A/T tires. If this works out I may be able to work out getting there earlier friday and the tires mounted and ready for Saturday.
  19. R

I will still be going, I will be there Saturday morning then camp that night. I'm having no luck finding used steel rims for the ex. My rear wheel bearing seal is leaking, my exhaust broke at the weld there at the muffler, all this will get fixed in the morning. If anyone has a set of steel...
  20. R

SJ's '02 Ranger Registry

That's awesome, its funny my job description states Network Administrator, but my phone contact that the office puts says Network Analyst. I mainly install switches and routers, service and maintain them. I also manage our proxies, firewall, and wireless detection devices. I work on some Cisco...
  21. R

SJ's '02 Ranger Registry

Does that box in the back of your truck in the pic, say Pr####### Networking? Just curious I am an network analyst, so when I seen that I had to ask.
  22. R

Man I can't wait, I never been to a group off road event like this, just the occasional mud run here and there and playing around in my truck locally. Kinda of exciting. Just skeptical on how my exloder will hold up on the level 1, maybe level 2 trials. As of right now I haven't done the TT...
  23. R

SJ's '02 Ranger Registry

Scotty J - Where did you get your front end light bar, etc? Is that something you fabricated?
  24. R

Bolt on SAS kit

Sweet! Sounds like it will be put on the list for income tax return money spent, ha! Just need to work it over with the wife, lol..
  25. R

Captain Morgan, '95 D44 Sas

Love the paint job and the stripes give it a bad a## look.
Back