Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Pic's of your ride

My 02 Sport - 4x4, 3.73 open. Stock except for rear air shocks from Monroe and the Eagle Alloy wheels with 30" rubber.
  2. B

Eastern Ontario Explorers

Just north of Toronto
  3. B

Ok now I'm confused (spark plugs)

Thanks guys for all your input... I went back out in the snow, took the tire off for the 3rd time today and looked closer at the plug wires. Looked at #3 plug wire and found the clip has broken off wire itself (inside the plug boot). Had to use one of the old wires but shes running like a top...
  4. B

Ok, maybe I will just replace the NGK's with something a little more common to the forum. What do you guys suggest? ( I know there is a SOHC plug guide on Rangerpowersports, but I would rather have the opinion of EX guys. Thnx
  5. B

Yes aside from getting 10mpg, it ran good. So after going outside and spending another 2 hrs in the snow trying to troubleshoot this major PITA, I discovered that 2 plugs were broken... I guess when I was installing them the u-joint combo I was using caused the plugs to crack. So I nipped off...
  6. B

Anyone have any thoughts? I am about to get my snowsuit on and go tinker with it in the driveway.
  7. B

I also gaped these plugs to .055, and the old plugs were gapped to what looks like .065
  8. B

Hey guys. So today after 4 hours in my Father-in-law's garage I got the plugs and wires changed. First thing I noticed was the old plugs that were in the truck (Motorcraft Platinum AGSF 22PM's) we're shorter then the TR55-1's that I bought to install in the motor. Just so were clear, my truck is...
  9. B

10mpg anyone?

I used throttle body cleaner, which it states to be safe on MAF's. Never had a problem using it on my Ranger so I figure it's safe. Thanks everyone for your input. I will get some new plugs. I used NGK TR55-1's before on my Ranger. The 4.0 SOHC seemed to like them, so I will get them again. If...
  10. B

10mpg anyone?

Yes but is the difference of 300-400 pounds really cause for 9mpg difference? There has got to be more to it then that.
  11. B

10mpg anyone?

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and have been using the forum quite often for info on my newly acquired 02 EX Sport. Having owned an 01 Ranger Edge with no power options, this is a luxurious beast with all the goodies I could want, including a sunroof and 4x4. Now to my problem. My Ranger...
  12. B

10 mpg anyone?

posted in wrong area. plz delete. thanks
Back