Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

New Wheels!! Pics Loaded

That thing looks awesome man, makes me think of SEMA. Good job.
  2. 4

Bumper Swap

Hey guys, seeing as I might be moving into a '03 Mounty this week, I'm just wondering if swaping the front bumper from a 4th gen over would be a direct fit or not. I personally prefer the big silver bar in the front and square fogs over the round ones.
  3. 4

Ocean Pacific's 4x4

Noo! What happened? You made it out ok?
  4. 4

Air intake ?'s

What if mine has a box around it to keep the hot air from the engine out, and a larger hole where the stock intake's was, plus one facing down that doubles as a drain?
  5. 4

Air intake ?'s

Ive got a volant CAI that is a cone filter, new intake tube, and a higher flow box. Im atually looking to sell if you're looking to buy. With just the intake I noticed a new sound, and better power all around.
  6. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Extremely severe hailstorm, had some dents the size of my fist. i was actually driving my dad to his work to pick up my moms car when it happened, and i just happened to be in one of the worst spots...:( oh well, atleast now i have a 4x4! College student, i was planning on buying it back and...
  7. 4

'BanditFest' April 28-29, 2012 In Austin, Tx

Thanks Kris. I'll be driving a VW Touareg from now on... I also have a new job so i'll try to make it, but asking for time off on my 1st week... Dont know how that'll go over. Either way i'll try and go.
  8. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Hey guys, been a while. The explorer was deemed totalled by the insurance company, so my new car is a white 05 VW Touareg. Thoughts?
  9. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Dents are too severe to fix, just going to put a new windshield in and rear wiper and be set. I would of loved a new garage addition, but there's just no room right now.
  10. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Well guys, turns out I'm going to be buying back the explorer and replacing the windshield. But I'll have 4k to spend on it. Its not going to be pretty, but its gonna be pretty awesome.
  11. 4

haha cool, yeah if i get it i'd be willing to help for sure; and thx, i'm gonna miss it, but i've always had a soft spot in my heart for z71s.
  12. 4

Well im pretty sure my X is totaled from hail damage, so that wont be coming... However, i see this beautiful chebby tahoe z71 that im going to try and aquire, hope no one minds if i roll up in that...
  13. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

sorry about the delay on pictures been kinda busy. Triton, it was up to 15mpg with the new catback in :( but im looking at a 2001 bmw x5 right now, so we'll see how that goes... btw, anyone wanna buy a volant CAI or a gibson catback? lol :(
  14. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Well here in TX we just had an extremely severe hail storm/tornado, and it looks like I'll be getting a new vehicle. :( I'll post some pics later today. I do just wanna say, KC off-road lights are tough as hell, and roof racks are good for reducing hail damage on your roof.
  15. 4

Sorry for Multiple posts. but i found a turbo..

Well it would be restricting the airflow i suppose, but if the TB is only 3" then i guess it wouldnt matter?
  16. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Pwned!
  17. 4

Modifying For Towing (3rd Gen)

I have a '03 2wd v6 explorer with 3.55 gears and the class II hitch. What im looking at so far is swapping out the class II with a factory class III and 3.73 gears once i can afford it. Right now i have a CAI and a cat-back exhaust, and i'm considering getting a tuner; would a underdrive pulley...
  18. 4

Class 2 hitch. Replace or modify to a class 3-4?

Ford might have undercut the actual ability of the 3rd and 4th gen explorers because of all the rolling incidents with the 2nd gens.
  19. 4

My girl's 05 XLT

I know i should be complimenting the X, but... do i see me a camaro..?:D
  20. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

at first i was gonna joke "ah nah you can get more miles out of those" but then i saw the new ones and GOD DANG THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC.
  21. 4

gibson cat-back

well, went on a 400mi camping trip with some friends, got to tow a boat with the X aswell. Very pleased with the exhaust, except for one thing - when im going about 45 and i floor it, it no longer downshifts, it just stays in the same gear and takes some time to get up and go. I think it can be...
  22. 4

gibson cat-back

I'm quite satisified with it. I also didn't want something that was loud and obnoxious, and saw that the gibson was about performance not noise, so that helped me decide. It is loudest (compared to stock) at about 2-3k rpm, after that is actually sounds quieter to me. when crusing at 1k-1.5k...
  23. 4

My winter build

:popcorn:
  24. 4

Photos 3rd gen pic's

About time! Looks good!
  25. 4

$50 Brush guard

Pictures of the brackets please!!! That's a beautiful brush gaurd!
Back