Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Help please !!!!!

I read he replaced the transmission 40-50,000 miles ago but I'd pay real close attention to how it shifts, Through the gears and into reverse. I put a new one in about the mileage ago and I'm starting to get a delay in reverse again and a hesitation from 1-2. Coil springs. I replaced all 4...
  2. J

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

curious, Amazon has 2" tall, 3" dia blocks in bulk? anyone know if there any additional issues with the 2" vs the 1.5? I don't have a band saw and i dont feel like hand cutting them if i dont have to. I was planning on doing a electric fan conversion anyways
  3. J

Winch Bumper

Just curious, how thick of steel was used? How much is it tipping the scales at?
  4. J

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Ok new question, sorry if I missed it the answer. I understand there is a liner in there so you don't need lube, and don't want to lube it because it is an open joint and the dirt and stuff wearing out the liner, but are the balls stainless? Just wondering since I live in the rust belt with...
  5. J

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

I am in need of front upper control arms, my ball joints are stock. I kinda want to put the lift spacers in.. anyone know if BTF will do a package deal if ya order both are the same time??
  6. J

2002 XLS No AC

Yeah that's why I asked... I was worried about letting in moisture and dirt into the system and having to repace more crap...
  7. J

Ummmm what is this "bag" underneath my intake manifold?

I just noticed mine today... its inflated too..lol
  8. J

2002 XLS No AC

Ok well its been a bit.... the compressor is trashed... ugh... so I got a bypass pulley today, couple questions though cause I'm thinking of my options. 1) what size socket do you use to get the studs out... its tight for room, 4mm is too small 5mm is too big. 2) I disconnected the power wire...
  9. J

2002 XLS No AC

and if someone has run into this before, please tell me its a $5 part because I'm tired of dumping money in it. lol
  10. J

2002 XLS No AC

Yeah I dunno, since the two (electrical smell and loss of cold air) happened simultaneously I'm thinking it might be a relay or something... I topped off the freon at the beginning of the summer, not counting it out but I didn't know if anyone else has run into this with theirs...
  11. J

2002 XLS No AC

Hi just got a phone call.. My trucks A/C stopped working. The blower motor is running but it's blowing hot and it also got a burning electrical smell?? I won't be home to look at it till 2 am so if someone can point me in the direction to start looking I would appreciate it...
  12. J

Slow start issue

Just curious if any one has solved this issue.. mine did this 2 years ago.. I got 2 free fuel pumps out of the deal because my mechanic couldn't solve it..
  13. J

Painting rusted rear window buttons

You could do it with sand paper... but if your not going for like a tricked out show truck appearance (minus fine scratching on the screw heads) I'd mask it out with a few layer of tape and use a Dremel with a little wire wheel.
  14. J

broke both rear coil springs

There is a lot of truth to that, I change the strut/coils last weekend... discovered the rear wheel bearings (mainly the left rear was bad) were roached and the right rear toe link was bad... I also changed a DPFE sensor last Friday because I was getting codes P0401 and P0402 (which are two...
  15. J

Painting rusted rear window buttons

Are you taking them out or doing it while they are still in the window... Eastwood makes a rust dissolver that I use for nuts and bolts that I have had good luck with... something like those it wouldn't take alot and as long as you put it in a sealed container you can strain out the chunks and...
  16. J

broke both rear coil springs

My 2002 got a serious "death wobble" to it the other day. When you accelerate and let off the vehicle pulls to the left and when you go around curves it is extremely loose and begins to sway, it scares me... if I would have been on ice it would have been a disaster. Well I got out the floor...
  17. J

Strutteks installed....serious rake

Whoa are those supposed to be a lift strut or an OEM Replacement? What the heck do the axles look like with it that far up in the rear?
  18. J

Adding Fogs to an XLS using an "XLT" switch..

Well it looks like a custom switch box to me... lol thanks
  19. J

Key Fob

Saw those keys... I like the idea... too bad I lock the ignition key in the truck with the fob (I hide it)...
  20. J

Adding Fogs to an XLS using an "XLT" switch..

Noob to the site here... and hoping to get some info.. I have a 2002 XLS with no fogs... looking to install some (change over the bumper to an XLT style probably) but I am looking at using the stock style switch (keep it cleaner looking). but my questions are.. 1) will my connector plug...
  21. J

2002 XLS 4.0 4x4 Cranks but not start...

Yes.. er I think... lol At the end of last winter I replaced the fuel pump relay, but after that it never really got cold enough to reproduce the problem. Over the summer I used a bottle or two of Lucas fuel treatment and replaced the Ignition switch (the actual electrical part of the switch)...
  22. J

dunno.... but I would think if it was the regulator wouldn't it cause a problem when it was running? I dunno just asking.... lol sorry for showing my ignorance here.. but I'm used to mechanical F/P that you could change for $15 bucks an 20 min worth of time.... I dont know how this 2 speed...
  23. J

Hello I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLS 4 door model with a 4.0 L V6. Since November I have had problems starting the truck. It takes several cranks to start the truck, some times 5-10 mins worth. It has always acted like it does not get fuel. Once it was started it drove fine, and if the engine...
Back