Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

My 5.0 Ex is done.... parts available in california....

Just curious as to what upgraded sub you have for the factory sub. Mine is blown and I tried to replace it a while ago with no ouch as the amp wouldn't power the speaker. If you have a part number on the speaker I'd reallky appreciate it.
  2. F

'02 4.0l V6 oil filter adapter o-ring doesnt fit

I recently did mine too and replaced it with the black o ring listed on rockauto. Still has a slight leak tho, i might try the red fel pro one you listed. Dont remember noticing if the housing had a square or round groove though. I did remember not feeling great about the fit of the...
  3. F

Transmission Causing Loud Fan?

I had a similar issue with fan going crazy at startup and after driving for a while. For me the issuebwasnfixed by finally replacing the iac valve. I tested it by disconnecting it and not having any change in rpms
  4. F

Prerunner/Dual Purpose 94 Build

What leafs did you go for with the rear? I've been wanting to get some dealers but not sure on which ones to get since I've heard the g50s are too stiff but others say the weight of the Explorer is enough to make themoney smooth. Looks pretty good btw, I've seen it on the score fb site too
  5. F

frankcal's 03 Sport Elite Registry

Finally got some updates, haven't been active on here really at all anymore. But I still visit often for issues I have. Recently had to change out the harmonic balancer. Was really skeptical about doing it at first but after a lot of reading I finally bougot the parts and needed tools for the...
  6. F

Pre runner build

I've been wanting to get some dealers for my sport but haven't found much info on them did you go with race pack? And we're they just able to bolt up or did you have to do some fabbing get them mounted. Really nice build btw, kinda were I want to take ,mine into the future
  7. F

2003 ford explorer sport trac 2wd lift kit

Thanks for the faster response swshawaii. Havent been on here much lately. But yeah I got the deerfield one and had them delivered a week after paying. About a year later and 10k miles theyre still doing good with no leaks or other issues.
  8. F

3 inch Spindle lift questions...

I installed the fabtech lift spindles on mine a couple of weeks ago, so far no issues. I was able to use the factory calipers and the same size pads and bearings as well. The only thing that I had to change was the rotors other than that everything was the same as before.
  9. F

Jen's 03 Sport

It looks really good and meaner with that bumper. Makes me want to get one much sooner than I had planned, but money is still an issue so it has to wait either way haha. I want to get one but have the bumper wrap around the body so I can cut off that sheet metal holding the last piece of...
  10. F

Lift + Driveshaft = Clunk issues

Thanks for that advise dave, I'll definitely look into it. I didn't even think that there could be an issue with the seal, I just thought it was leaking because the shaft was loose, I'm going to be keeping an eye on it too see if it is leaking still with the spacer. I hear you though on that...
  11. F

Ok so I dont have that bellow, I looked for it a few times thinking I was missing something since that was all I could find when searching on here. But being that im 2wd I have no slip joint or bellow, just the shaft with splines on one end and a flange on the other. But, could I put grease on...
  12. F

Driveline vibration. Driveline upgrade ?

So I got a fabtech spacer for my rear drive shaft. I just installed it a few days ago but it seems to be doing the job so far.
  13. F

Ok so to update finally. I originally bought a spacer off ebay that I had got a link off of from the forum, that didnt work. That spacer was too small and the holes didnt line up right. I got a fabtech one for an f150. I just installed it a few days ago and so far it seems to be helping. The...
  14. F

Driveline vibration. Driveline upgrade ?

I just recently discovered driveshaft spacers. I haven't been able to find much about them on here though. I bought one off ebay someone on here said they used but it didn't fit on my axle. The diameter was too small and the wholes would't line up. Gonna be trying one for an f150 from fabtech...
  15. F

Yeah I had to go with the ranger rotors which are an inch smaller. I went with some "severe duty" pads and didnt feel too much of a loss of braking. Prices were as follow for the whole install Fabtech spindles $430 on ebay Rotors and pads about $110 Bearings and seals were about $30 Extended...
  16. F

I just did a spindle lift on mine. I went with the fabtech 3inch ones. They were a little more pricey than the other ones, but for me it was worth it. On a part that holds the wheel I'd rather go with a trusted name than a newer company. The other brands might be just as good or better but my...
  17. F

Deerfield Precision Braided SS Brake Lines

I just installed the lines last week, fit was perfect on them. I got mine with a four inch lift option since I was putting on lift spindles and didn't want to bend my hard line. I didn't use the copper washers that were supplied either, they looked way to thin. As for performance wise they...
  18. F

So to update, I purchased the spacer and should be here on monday and will be installed on delivery day. Hopefully it solves the issue of the clunk. Does any one know if the yokes need grease on the spline that goes into the trans and rear diff?
  19. F

Got the spindles done this weekend. Was pretty easy to do, took maybe about 5 hours of install, hardest part was cutting the lca and test fitting a couple of times. The ride is a lot better and actually absorbs bumps now instead of just going over them. Had to get new wheels to with less...
  20. F

Thanks for the advice I thought the exact same thing ad's even crawled under to look for it, but its a 2wd so the slip joint is a no go
  21. F

So I have a question for the experts on here, first off thanks for reading and hopefully giving some input on the the issue. Since I lifted the sport I've been experiencing some clunking when coming to a start or stop. Looked up on it and determined the u joints were the issue. Changed those...
  22. F

Mystery Spring

Mine was the same way, Its supposed to hold the brake line. Got a new one at the junkyard for free
  23. F

outside door handles loose

I'm wondering the same thing, 40 bucks for a replacement seems so pricey to me when its just two springs that are the issue
  24. F

That would be awesome, but not realistic for another couple of years. After the spindles its time to save for a locker and re gear.
Back