Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Removing Drums

I did the rear brakes today. WHAT A *****! I sincerely hate drum brakes after this experience. It was my first time, so that's probably why it sucked so much. I used pliers for the springs and I thought I was going to rip one of them up :p They seem to be working great, with one problem. If I...
  2. H

Removing Drums

Well I got it off! Had some time to work on it today and all I had to do was beat in between the studs and pull. It took only a few minutes to get off, compared to the 30 minutes spent TRYING to get it off by beating on the rear edge. Thanks for the help!
  3. H

Removing Drums

I didn't even see the clip... but I looked for it for a while. It got harder to turn as I spun it.
  4. H

Removing Drums

Yeah the e-brake was off. What I find strange is that the drum is no looser than it was when I first started. Which, again, leads me to believe there is something holding it back. Would this happen if the shoes are really worn?
  5. H

Removing Drums

I spun it upward (counterclockwise). My Haynes guide said there was a clip I needed to push up on as I spun, but I didn't see it and was still able to spin the adjuster... though not very easily. I didn't use a penetrant as I wasn't really sure where to spray it. It seems the drum is snagging...
  6. H

Removing Drums

I decided to do my brakes this weekend. The fronts were easy and the job went smoothly. The back is a different story. In the past I've just been able to pull the drum right off. This time it would barely move. I ran a search and found that using a hammer would work. I beat the drum until it was...
  7. H

Choosing an amp for my components

Yep. 1 tweeter, 1 mid, 1 crossover. Thanks.
  8. H

Choosing an amp for my components

I need to get a new amp for my CDT EF-61CF component speakers. These are rated @140W with a 4ohm impedance. I'm going to be running a 2-channel amp, with each crossover consuming 1 channel. The power rating I'm looking for is 150RMSx2. Now, do I want 150 x 2 @ 4ohm or @ 2ohm? Since I'm not...
  9. H

Valentine One Mirror

More pics.
  10. H

Valentine One Mirror

Hey all. I've been out of the modding game for a while but I always seem to keep coming back ;) A few weeks ago I purchased a Homelink mirror pulled from an '04 Nissan 350Z and I took it apart. I scraped off a rectangular portion of the backing and installed a Valentine One Concealed Display...
  11. H

LED Headlamps....OEM?

The Halo is made up of an LED placed inside a little tube.
  12. H

LED Headlamps....OEM?

Smaller LEDs don't get very hot compared to light sources giving the same output. It's not until you get into the bigger ones, like Luxeon, where heat becomes an issue. Luxeon LEDs require heatsinks and all that stuff. I believe many traffic lights are Luxeons.
  13. H

Sold my truck!!

Interesting choice in vehicle :confused:
  14. H

Installed aftermarket HU no speedo now!

You probably blew a fuse while probing around. I believe the ABS fuse includes the VSS. Check your manual for the location.
  15. H

'02 Crown Victoria

My brother's '02 Crown Vic has been having power issues lately. Today he was driving and everything shut off inside, and finally the motor a few seconds later. He had a loose terminal that wouldn't tighten, so I replaced both terminals. This didn't fix the problem. I pulled the alternator and...
  16. H

HID / Xenon's on an 02+ ?

Silverstars are halogens, are they not? Stock HID bulbs on most vehicles are ~4300K. The higher temperature you go, the better the color but less the light output. Projectors are the safest and look the cleanest, but they're much more expensive than the typical HID kit. I've heard of people...
  17. H

Actually the ballast and bulb kits are not retrofit kits. They're plug-and-play. A retrofit requires modification to the housing, which is what needs to be done to install projectors. I'll agree just the bulb and ballast kits put out excessive glare. A projector retrofit requires widening the...
  18. H

Silverstars are nice but there's only so much you can do with halogen. HID is many times better.
  19. H

HID bulbs or HID projectors? A how-to for bulbs would just be wire everything up and plug in the bulbs. I would not go with that kit. Get something by Philips/Osram/Sylvania/Hella/Bosch. These companies have proven, reliable products. I've heard many stories of noname ballasts dying after a...
  20. H

Just Installed

I connected the brake wire to the same ground I use for the unit. I know Pioneers have the toughest security features.
  21. H

Just Installed

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a beast of an HU. The Eclipse AVN7000. I got it for $1400 but sold my old HU for $300, so it really cost me $1100. Not too shabby. I purchased it from a guy that had it in his 2006 Ferrari F430. He had cut the antenna cable to hard-wire it so I won't have...
  22. H

Where can I find one of these?

I won't want to cut my antenna-end.
  23. H

They didn't. I ended up calling Eclipse. They referred me to United Radio and I ordered this part from them. Only $25 + shipping :eek: I too had never seen one of these. One end is a headphone jack, the other is a Motorola end for a basic car antenna. This is for my AVN7000. The prior...
  24. H

One end is a minijack (3.5mm?) and the other end is an antenna plug... like you'd find on most any headunit. I need this for my new Eclipse unit and can't find this thing anywhere.
  25. H

HID color question

12000k should be purplish. They may just not be 12000k bulbs... but I've heard it takes many hours of use before the color really starts showing. I run 4300k bulbs. The different colors are cool looking and all but I'd rather see farther than look "cool". My bulbs light up the road like...
Back