Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Installing shocks - 2wd Sport

Everyone talks about compressing their shocks to get them in, but my KYB GR-2's that I am told match my model (96 sport 2wd 4.0) are too short. I have to jack up the A-arm and the shock is still fully extended. I'm half tempted to attach the lower bolts and nuts then do the top...
  2. B

95 explorer phantom problem

96 sport 2wd 4L 163K I just finished the IAC changeout as well and noticed that, despite the insistence of many posters, my OEM IAC had no gasket. It also didn't have the velvet 'pellets' that others also said existed in the black cap. I brake cleaned mine (to work on an idle issue - runs...
  3. B

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

Will get one out by Sun (have to remove panel for window motor this weekend)
  4. B

I see should have typed "no thread that I had read". Read all posts. Got it. Yet another lesson learned. Thanks!
  5. B

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

This has been soooo helpful for someone who has no mekanikul skillz. But seriously, thanks for this writeup. 1996 Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0 For anyone who could use this info about symptoms and fixes - Problem - * The moose call in temps above 98 (I'm in the desert) * Uneven idle. Not too...
  6. B

1996 Sport 2wd 4.0 ATTENTION NEWBIES! Just wanted to say this and other latch problem threads have been VERY helpful in getting my psngr side's replaced. Some general problems/observations for this particular task: * CAN'T SEE S**T! (I had to cut a section of the panel out between the...
Back