Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Brand new newbie looking for advice on '02 auto transmission issues.

what is the sleeved servo bores? my truck can sometimes be "retarded" at picking gears (one out of 100 shifts?) Ive always thought it might be a solenoid pack thing or something simple, it only hangs between 2-3 for about 3 seconds if that. not super noticeable unless you are hitting 509 trying...
  2. E

Front end humming?

the only difference is if its the hub bearing, you don't have to trashcan the truck like you do with the timing chains :P cant think of anything worse than that chain....ugh. well maybe my old stratus with the stupid "internal waterpump" design....that was pretty fail also.
  3. E

new to this site, need some electrical help

Isnt there a set of wires running over top where the visor that gets pinched causing a similar issue? I had a similar issue a while back where sometimes my lights wouldnt work and it was a wire pinched near my visor because someone was derpy and punched it up into the roof. =/ don't know you'd...
  4. E

Alarm goes off constantly

Mine does this if I leave a window or door open when I lock (it'll constantly beep like 3 times) I think it may be an after market thing though on mine because I've never seen another truck do it.
  5. E

Heads UP 2002 Owners!!!!

Yeah, that sounds bueno, thanks for the warning (my ex sometimes has an airbag light pop on but ford cant find anything as per why) it always stays off upon restart.
  6. E

Blower motor fan doesn't work

if you have auto control you have a blower motor speed controller, this lil son of a #$#$# sits under the dash behind the glove box and can blow up causing everything but the blower motor to work. It looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1dz7q16tuyqyfge/AAADVzjS97Gd69s2lXnsXpIIa BTW, Im...
  7. E

04 Pulls at Stop Light Please Help

I had a person come into my work with her car doing this, she could hold the brakes down hard and no matter what the car would jump forward, even move. I told her to hit the mechanic right away, she came back a week later and said it was a solenoid in the transmission not working correctly...
  8. E

No blower motor action at all.

Anyone have an extra (working) one of these for sale? I need it pretty cheap as I cant afford the 80+ bucks everyone wants for them online. If you have a spare you want to get rid of, holler at me. (Edit: Pic of what I need https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1dz7q16tuyqyfge/AAADVzjS97Gd69s2lXnsXpIIa)
  9. E

Disappointing towing performance

yeah, fords 4.6 is a sohc motor and isnt exactly a power house, especially vs a dodge/jeep 4.7+ motor. my 04 GC culd pull a car trailer loaded with a big @#@ car at 75mph and not even bat an eye. Suggest 5.0 swap!
  10. E

Transmission Clunking

OR, since the truck uses the ABS to control the 4x4, the feeling you're having is an ABS error causing it to go into low gear, check both of those bearings and make sure none of the wires are crimped and the sensors are clean.
  11. E

2002 EB Explorer No Power

Theft Light is a pats/skif thing (I don't know what ford calls it) I had a similar deal with my jeep where the skif wire in the ignition got a lil mucked up and it would just sit there and derp instead of start, i fixed it by putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking it twice...
  12. E

No rear temperature control? 2003 Explorer V8

Is the blower working? and is it digital up front?
  13. E

having some trans issues, need some advice

This code means that when the transmission tries to activate the solenoid it saw a voltage drop. someone jump in here, if i recall someone told me about a piece of the valve body gasket? coming loose and clogging their trans causing something like this a while back....? drop the pan and check it...
  14. E

Stalls out in any forward gear, but goes in reverse

Had any misfiring recently? check the cat converter, my old 92 had a small misfire for a bit that hurt the cat and it got damaged / plugged and it would do exactly this, down to a T.... it would stall out when slowing down or stopped, drive fine in reverse, sometimes refuse to start, sometimes...
  15. E

blower motor?

Make sure that when your resistor blew it didnt take the fuse with it (I don't know which one) I know that when it blows on 4 only its bypassing the switch. I've been looking for answers regarding my digital temp control for a while. Make sure your new resistor is good also. Im assuming you have...
  16. E

Emissions testing facility can't read OBD code 03 Explorer

Must be their reader, just out of curiosity, did you pull up to the same bay both times? Maybe ask them to plug it into a different bay, OR get a code readout from the repair fac. and have them pass it. Here in WA I didn't even have to get my junk hooked to obd, I just rolled up, she looked at...
  17. E

Fixed problem w/ transfer case? - why did it work?

would unplugging those fuses increase mpg at all? i have a wooshing noise in my rear end while driving that may be a rear end or bearing and I might try this just to see if it helps the 4 mpg I get??? 2002 v6 Limited. 5r55 trans
  18. E

No blower motor action at all.

2002 Ex. Digital Speed controller setup. No Blower Motor action at all. Was driving home one day when all of a sudden a ton of smoke started coming from vents. Anyone know what I can do to test this resister thing? its a YW4H-19E624-AA, The Blower Motor is new, the old was loud, noisy and...
  19. E

Air Bag Light HELP

Mine will pop on all the time randomly, its been hit in the front but it wont flash, it'll just stay on, but when I turn on the truck/restart it its gone. sometimes the abs light will come on also, but go away if I restart the truck.
  20. E

04 explorer rear heater fan controls not working

electronic heater controls? rear blower motor speed controller coming off EATC is probably popped or the blower motor is bad. (or both, the motor going out can indeed take out the speed controller, just learned this on my front set up!) Edit: you can see what I'm talking about by youtubing "Ford...
  21. E

2002 Explorer Blower Motor Questions?

Thank you, everything I find on this thing is cryptic, I'm taking a shot in the dark. My read is that when this goes out the fan gets stuck on high, but mine does nothing at all.I know the old fan is bad, but I have no idea why once replaced I get no power to the unit, so I'm wondering if I need...
  22. E

What I have done so far: Check fuse 7 - Good Check fuse 30 - Good Check under hood relay (Swapped with starter relay) - Good Check for +v at the fan to verify its working - No +V Check motor with +V battery - Working Can This cause the blower to not work "AT ALL", I can't figure out...
  23. E

I did turn the fan off when it started smoking, and drove home. I saw smoke, hit the buttons, and then turned it off.
  24. E

I guess i should note that the bearing on the fan was really noisy already and the motor was super super hot when i got home and it smells like fried electronics. I just got a brand new motor however and once I plugged it in, turning the fan up and down still does nothing. The panel is lit up...
  25. E

2002 Explorer limited, 4.0L Sohc auto. Truck has the digital Thermostat control. So here is my dilemma, and my question. Driving home other day interior started to fill with smoke out of the vents, I know that it was from the vents because when I hit the button to change it the smoke...
Back