Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Need some brainstorming help...

how much are you looking to spend for the lift? automotive concepts has a nice 4in lift that comes with everything you need. part number is S30K494 also remember that when you lift it, the front driveshaft's life span decreases. hope i helped :)
  2. F

98 Explorer XLT - spare tire release.

you have to turn the rod a little so it locks into place. if that still doesnt work, go underneath the truck and do it manually with a long flathead. it will take about 15 min. but it will come down. i had the same problem with my 98
  3. F

ford explorer. 4x4 manual trans!

allright, well i came across a 92 Explorer. 4x4 and manual trans. pretty hard to find. all new clutch and hydrualics is what the lady said. but it needs a head gasket. she wants 600 for it. good deal? should i pick it up? or is not worth the time/money because of the head gasket. thanks
  4. F

Good Buy?

just got a 98. V8. everything works perfect! 134,000 miles. got it for 2000. color is tan, tan interior, leather. 4x4 works perfect. pics to come
  5. F

Good Buy?

the guy sold it. bummer.:thumbdwn:
  6. F

Good Buy?

okay cool. thanks again. im gonna go ahead and get it. if anything i could always part it out if it takes a dump on me. ohh, i forgot to mention, i talked him down to 500 :D
  7. F

Good Buy?

thanks for the quick reply! the only thing im worried about is why he only wants 600 for it. im gonna go by today and take a look at it.
  8. F

Good Buy?

hey everyone, after i rolled my 98 explorer i sold it, and now im getting another one :cool: here is the ad on craigslist. please tell me what you guys think. i called and he said the truck runs great, and interior is nice. clean title in hand. thanks in advance...
  9. F

Clunk! sound when coming to a stop.. tranny?

that would be your transfer case. i had a 98 xlt. 4x4. the clunk would not be bad at all taking off, but when coming to stop, or making sharp turns it clunks clunks clunks. i checked everything! and finnaly found out it was my transfer case from a ford mechanic. he told me the front drive...
  10. F

Loud clunk when in 4wd

that would most likely be your transfer case. i had the same issue with my 98 it would only make noise in 4wd. after awhile it started clunking all the time while i was in 2wd. i eventually just removed the front drive shaft because i couldnt take it anymore. and what really sucks is that...
  11. F

This is what happens when you ask a Dodge for help.

at least your truck doesnt look like mine lol. the day after i rolled it i took it out muddin and hydrolocked the motor. got pulled home 9 miles by a jeep.
  12. F

New from Illinois

where from illinois are you? i was born and somewhat raised in Peoria/bloomington. then moved down to florida
Back