Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

4x4 does not work

rrgone - here's the link where I bought the module: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214290 Its a dealership in Los Vegas Nevada and their service was EXCELLENT! The parts guy I talked to was the one who conferred with their tech and determined that ALL new modules...
  2. J

4x4 does not work

Here's some follow up for what its worth. I brought my '02 4x4 XLT back to the dealer who wanted $500 to replace the module. I asked why so much and he told me the unit itself was $300 + $200 to install and re-test. I told him to hold off and searched the internet for the part. I ended up...
  3. J

4x4 does not work

Houselift, do you know what the difference between the old and new 4wd modules are? Do you know why Ford did the update? My '02 XLT's module went kaput after an accident w/front end damage and the insurance will replace it if it was accident related. I've got 50k miles on the vehicle and all of...
  4. J

2002 XLT Front Left wheel clicking - Dealer experience

Dealer experience report: Took my '02 XLT into the dealer yesterday to diagnose a wierd clicking from the front LEFT front wheel area thatg occurred when the car was moving slowly and the steering wheel was almost at its stop to the left. The sound was "click .. click click.. click.. click...
Back