Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Vibration at 70 to 90 km speed

It is a sort of Jerk I am feeling. I have left it with the dealer for repair. It's two weeks now. They have advised me to replace cable harness, transmission cable and all the spark plugs. Whether it will be alright or not. I have to wait and see.
  2. P

Thanks, Gibby, I will check it.
  3. P

There is a sort of vibration while driving at a speed of 70 to 90kmh speed. The vibration is felt like the engine is starving of fuel. It is similar to manul gear vehicle starving during less accileration at higer gears. At uniform acceleration there is no vibration and smooth transmission...
  4. P

Emission control system indicator is glowing

My emission control system indicator is glowing. Should I replace the catalytic convertor? Earlier there used to be creeking noise during ignition. There is no creeking noise during ignition now.
  5. P

Battery draining issues

I suspect the rating of the battery AC DELCO NX110-5LF that was replaced earlier. Now I have replaced with AC DELCO 65-72S which is recommended for Explorer. The only additional modification done by me was addding a rear radar sensor. I will have to wait and see how long this battery would...
  6. P

Battery draining issues

I bought a new battery for my 2006 explorer in the month of November 2010. My vehicle was idle for almost a month and when I returned from vacation the battery had drained. As the battery was having warranty, I got the battery replaced with a new one. The new battery worked for almost 6 months...
  7. P

Engine water wash

Today I took my explorer for a complete wash. The washer asked me whether I required engine wash too. He told me that water wash to engine was not advisable. They normally don't wash Ford explorer engine with water. They just blow with compressed air to remove the dust and apply some polish. He...
  8. P

Fixing an audio system

All your valuable comments have helped me to replace the factory CD player with the one JVC I have bought. Thanks one and all. All your suggestions were perfectly useful. The audio quality is superb. Thanks, aaronajb1981,cwescapexlt4x4 and kkreit01 All here are great supporters.
  9. P

Gear shift lever shifting

Sometimes it is hard to shift the gear shift lever from position "P" to position "N" despite pressing the brake pedal. I have observed this, especailly when the vehicle is parked with the front wheels slightly elevated than the rear wheels. Is it normal?
  10. P

Fixing an audio system

I would like to change the present audio system (CD player) with JVC audio system in my 2006 Explorer. Is there anybody who can provide me with step by step procedure to replace the present audio system with the new JVC audio system?
  11. P

Braking issues.

Alignment issue Yes, I am confirming that this is due to wheel alignment problem. When I took it for wheel alignment, one mechanic showed me how the right hand side tyre was not vertical at 90° angle. There was an issue with the suspension at right hand side. When he made the wheel suspend...
  12. P

Braking issues.

Braking issue I got all the brake pads replaced with new ones and realigned. Now it is much better than before.
  13. P

Braking issues.

Thanks for your immediate reply. Yes, all tyres are of the same number and I got the wheel alignment done just two weeks back. Still the issue exists.
  14. P

Braking issues.

i have Ford Explorer 2006 model. It has done 35000 KM. The issue is that while applying brake, the steering tilts to right and the vehicle turns slightly to the right. What might be the cause? Is it a common problem with the Explorer?
Back