Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

New tear wishes

I wish you Health... So you may enjoy each day in comfort. I wish you the Love of friends and family... And Peace within your heart. I wish you the Beauty of nature... That you may enjoy the work of God. I wish you Wisdom to choose priorities... For those things that really matter...
  2. L

I'm researching and i don't understand

hello mike, you said that suv rollover because the tire is under inflated, They change the tire and not check the spare tire. this is a comMon problem the most of the people check the tire inflated, but forget check the spare. What do we to do to avoid the rollover if the tire blew out...
  3. L

yes, you are razon, this suspension isn't comfortable, but isn't uncomfortable, because is a little hard. in 2g this suspencion change, is a comfortable but is a little unsafe. I'm asking this because this is my first SUV. and I'VE HEARD someone things bad about this, but I drive in freeway to...
  4. L

hello, Then what is more confortable or safe in explorer 1g the TTB or the I beam?, because one of them have a high gravity center. in the 1g . I thought that the 1g is more stable in highway that the explorer 2g thanks for all and see you later. excuse me for answer too later.
  5. L

I'm researching and i don't understand:(. what's the diference between the TTB and I-beam suspensions (explorer 1g), and the Torsion Bar, and small A-arm suspension (explorer 95+). What is more comfortable and more safe:roll:?. I write this question because I wrote a question about the safe in...
  6. L

what do you think about change LPG OR GAS?

HELLo. I'm thinking about to change my explorer to lpg or natural gas because here in Mexico the fuel is expensive (2.8 dollar/gallon vs 1.4 dollar natural gas) the diference between them is about double. I heard that if change to gas(lpg) the engine go to bad, or the fuel economy won't to be...
  7. L

Why change the maf?

thanks for your answer, I believed if I change the mustang maf, i will win a little hp, or win in fuel economy,but this is only a myth. see you later
  8. L

Why change the maf?

hello. I READ HERE one post to change the maf, change of mustang or marquis 91-94 with engine v8(4.6) to explorer 1g what is the purpose?, it's better the fuel economy or increase the horse power. thanks
  9. L

hello, I have a little question

thanks for all your answer, I'm fine after to read all your opinions, I thought that the tire blowout the suv will roll, then all the suv (jeep, chevrolet, nissan), we will have to drive careful. or wich suv will are more dangerous? thanks.
  10. L

hello I was scared because I can going driving in high way or free way to 60 mph, and could blow out a tire, and then the suv could overturned, I have a new tires LT 235/75/R15/101/101/Q M+5, but I am thinking about change the tires for a sport tires for increase the stability when i drive...
  11. L

hello, I have a question, what is the velocity for drive safe in high way (hwy), I drive 60 mph,62 mph, I think this velocity we can avoid or controller the suv if the tires blows out. thanks
  12. L

I need help with codes in my explorer 1993

hello last night I took the values with multimeter of the MAF, I took the wire with letter D with the engine run and is of 0.05 V, and when increase the RPM the the volts don't INCREASE, answer: the MAF is bad,
  13. L

thanks for you answer, last night I pull on the codes, the KOEO WITH engine off is 157, how can fix this code?, it is a ground bad, and the KOEOR, with engine run, was: 998 157, and sometimes was 123 (tps) the code 998 is Hard fault present, what is this code? thanks
  14. L

the KOEO test is with off engine ?or with engine run. I got the codes 157, and sometimes 123, but with paper clip method, with the off engine,only the key on,but DON'T start the truck what is the diference between in KOEO and CM ? what is better?. I am a little confused with this two methods...
  15. L

WHY is need CHANGE coil springs

thanks for your coments, this weekend I'm going to check the ball joint, and to check if there something loose , Here in mexico the ball joints is the rotula?. check this link please. https://kartmax.com/catalogNavigation.do?action=getProduct&cdProduct=SYDK8546
  16. L

the vibration is only when I drive for a bad road (hole, rocks), potholes in the pavement, I drive perfect in freeway to 60 mph
  17. L

thanks for you answer. I only wanted to change the coil spring but this is some expensive, I'm going to check the driveshaft and the U-joints (but I don't know if it's front or back) are you have some picture the U-joints?
  18. L

hello, I changed the SHOCKS ABSORBERS because the suv vibrate much, but this isn't enough, today vibrate a little. the Mechanic made the Alignment y Balancing. THANKS. IT'S EXPENSIVE THIS CHANGE IN THE COIL SPRINGS?
  19. L

My 94 explorer is only getting 11-12 mpg (city)

In my explorer 93 2x2 with 150k, i get 15 mpg in city,but here in mexico the fuel is bad, I think if the fuel will be to better, my mpg will be 17 mpg
  20. L

problems with tires in ford explorer 1g

so the tires of the explorer only was bad publicity,we don't have that worry,the suspension and the wheels is safe.
  21. L

Mass Airflow Sensor

maybe isn't doing contact some wire in the conector, try this, move the wires of the arness and reset the computer. I put a wire from the acumulator to engine because i had problem with the tps, good luck.
  22. L

YES, you are correct, the explorer isn't a car, i think that speed limit is 55 or 60 mph, because in the bloster there is a red mark that say 55 mpg. I only had heard bad comments about suspension and tires. I feel better, this because I going to drive about 3000 km in this suv in my...
  23. L

thanks for your answer, I don't knew if sell the explorer because i thought that isn't safe. I going to put 32 lb in the tires. thanks
  24. L

thanks for your answer maniak, i did research this problem and this is confuse, someone thinks that the problem is ford explorer,suspension, other person think the problem was the tires, i'm owner of the ford explorer 1993, and I not has problems in this aspect. what presure is recomenden...
  25. L

what was the problem that overturned the Ford Explorer, is in the tires? this problem was in ford explorer 1g, this suv is safe? who is to blame (ford or his tires)? thanks.
Back