Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Leaking sunroof.

Use the search function. I know there's a really good write-up on removing and replacing the sunroof, then all you'd need is new seals.
  2. M

Does anyone know anything about '97 Mountaineer speakers?

if you don't know where to go in your town, you can always have an hvac guy do it. 90% of our job is electrical work. hvac is heating and air conditioning btw. my truck is wired out the wazoo, all speakers and sub replaced with a real one. dvd and monitors. it's not hard. special tools my a..
  3. M

Body Swap Vs Engine swap

I'm with the motor swap, easy if you can do the electric. BUT, also consider the title, is it salvage? resale thoughts....
  4. M

91 - 94 Stock Radio Removal

heya reko.... if he/she hasn't figured it out in the last decade, then walmart is the answer!
  5. M

Front Crash Sensor

my truck was totalled from behind, hit a minivan in front and neither went off. perhaps we need another brand?
  6. M

what do i need to salvage?

my baby was just totaled a couple hours ago in front of my house by some drunk driver. it's a bauer. i want to get everything out before insurance takes it. i know to take the message center and rear luggage cover. what else is rare on these guys? I plan on getting another, so I want the...
  7. M

lawrence ks off road

talk to a farmer. tonganoxie ks is easy, but you have to have permission. lawrence is harder without a scheduled event. and DEFINETLY, you need a winch partner and another truck this week!
  8. M

Need to buy new battery...

Geez people are you serious? I wouldn't get anything but an optima. I've built all the rest for years. Optimas are a necessity in the tornadoes on a 4x4. Even with it secured, if you think about it anyone that does any sort of angles in the truck is messing it up. Mount an optima on it's side...
  9. M

Wich ks help

finding them is not a problem if that was what i was implying. i just want someone whose done it so we can get it done in a weekend. i can wrench all day and get it done quick, just looking for someone that may want a free beer day while watching me work and giving advice.
  10. M

Where to get 6 CD Changer fixed?

perhaps i'm too young, but i'd just break it. it's not worth the cd's in it. actually, i'd prolly just toss the entire thing. for the price of 6cd's you can get an ipod and its so much less hassle. it doesn't skip and you can take it running. scrap it. imho (in my humble opinion) p.s. i have...
  11. M

Wich ks help

Heya, I want to do the shackle n addaleaf / torsion lift. If you're in the wichita area I'd pay you for your time helping me do this as all my tools are still in Lawrence. I still haven't ordered the adda or shackles, but I'm checking with local first to see if it's here (i'm almost sure...
  12. M

need help with truck/commercial route on 2010 Explorer Nav

Excellent question. I signed up to see the answers to this one. Further ?. I don't have navi, but want to add to my Alpine system. Will any plug in? I'd rather not have 4screens going up front.
  13. M

255/70R15's instead of my stock 235/75R15's Anyone done this?

at highway speeds that's 5mph, around here ok but if you already do 5 over adjust. agreed on the treadwidth vs sidewall. your bulge will be less though still there. your treadwidth will be exact on the first number mm converted into inches. on heavy tread off road tires this is usually stronger...
  14. M

255/70R15's instead of my stock 235/75R15's Anyone done this?

I've done this numerous times on musclecars. Take the width up one spec and the sidewall down one. You're looking at 9 1/4" width on what you have and jumping to a 10" width on the 255's. It theoretically keeps the overall diameter of the tire the same. (sorry didn't stop to calculate that for...
  15. M

Fuel Gauge & Console

I've been building custom box trucks with Brown Industries for awhile. I know when we do requests for fuel gauges, we just try to get the topmost part, middle and about 3" from bottom. The problem is that tanks are getting more and more rounded, especially at the tops. So there's no possible way...
  16. M

What size spacers??

I used to complain about that when I first got a '94 s10 4x4, an old guy told me that they started doing that (spacing front and rear different) on purpose so your rear tracks don't hit the same tire trail as your fronts. After a ton of ice I believe him. Don't know if it's true or not, but I...
  17. M

What are my options in this situation. (No shell)

It takes me 3hrs to build one. for $18, TAKE IT!!! six bucks an hr is a waste of time, i spend twice that at a movie.:rolleyes: I'd honestly send you $50 to ship me a sunroof one~!
  18. M

trailers lets see them!!!!

I was pondering a cheap camp trailer and as such looking at some beds with shells. My ? is, what do you all think of taking a cab AND the bed. Take off everything front of the firewall and put the angle to the tongue on there? Do you think that'd be too much on the tongue weight with a...
Back