Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1994 Auto Trans 1st and 2nd gear trouble

I did try to shift manually with the shift lever and it would shift thru 1st, 2nd, and 3rd so I believe second is working...help
  2. T

1994 Auto Trans 1st and 2nd gear trouble

155,000 miles 1994 Explorer. Friday I was driving home in stop and go traffic and my car transmission started rough shifting from 1st to 2nd. I had to get up to about 30 mph before it would shift. If I let up off the thottle it would shift. I checked fluid and it was ok. Had filter and fluid...
  3. T

Won't Start, Stranded

My 1994 explorer v-6 was running fine. I stopped at a store and when I came back out to start, it would not start. It tries to start but doesn't. Acts like maybe a car that is not getting enough fuel to start. It is half full of gas. Recently, two months ago had similar problem. I changed the...
  4. T

Can't keep brakes

I have a 2wd 1994 explorer with Antilock brakes. The problem is the brakes do not last very long. I buy lifetime brakes ($9.95) from Autozone and they last only about 8K to 10K. I usually find them when they are already worn into the rotors. I buy the Chineese rotors at Autozone also. The...
  5. T

2002 check engine light reset

Only 14,000 miles The explorer only has 14,000 miles on it? ;)
  6. T

2002 check engine light reset

Can anyone help me reset the check engine light on 2002 explorer sport?
  7. T

abs brakes engaging on dry road

My 94 abs brakes try to engage the anti lock feature even on dry ground. I recently changed the rotors and pads which did not help. Also, it seems to affect my brake lights, they don't work most of the time, I have changed the brake light switch. Also, the cruise control will not shut off if...
  8. T

pinging

I am new to this board, and am sure this has been askd before. Please help. The engines keeps pinging, it is some better if I use 93 octane. Does it on hills or on flat ground. Has 100k miles.
Back