Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

New crisis.....ABS light on

sounds like a possible wheel hub
  2. T

I need help with a major front end noise.

kinda sounds like a wheel hub, is your abs light on? try jacking up the front end and grabbing the tire by the top and bottom see if it moves in and out.
  3. T

Ok now I'm confused (spark plugs)

try unplugging the maf sensor, i had the same problem turned out to be the stupid maf sensor, when you unplug it it might idle kinda crappy, but get passed that and take it for a ride and see if it is better.
  4. T

Help!!!!

get a hose with a spring in it to keep it open
  5. T

How to: Starting my 00M12 Installation

isnt that a special coating on that intake
  6. T

I come out of Meijers and.... :(

Good ol michigan drivers
  7. T

hey just noticed you live round my area, just wondering where im in oakland county white lake

hey just noticed you live round my area, just wondering where im in oakland county white lake
  8. T

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

177.000ish:thumbsup:
  9. T

Anyone from OKC

i would like to see if we have one here that is really neat. thought that was a good idea
  10. T

random cylinder misfire

Jusy wanted the consensus of all the knowledgeable people here.... with the random cylinder misfire what should i change first ckp or coil pack. help would be appreciated being that its close to christmas i dont want to do the old eny meny miney mo thing. thanks again.
  11. T

Temp Gauge, coolant loss, rough idle/accel

thats not a wire ita a vacuum line to the egr
  12. T

weird whine

def check rear end fluid aand front end fluid. thats what i would check first. without actually hearing the noise
  13. T

directionls don't work, but hazards do

There should be two different relays for the hazzards and blinkers
  14. T

Just did heater core replacement and I have these left??? HELP!

I have a whole box of those spare parts......every time i do a project i end up with something extra
  15. T

How To: Remove the dash from a 2nd Gen!

you tube has about 10 videos on this process now step by step.
  16. T

FNG alert.....Looking at buying a 99 Eddie Bauer, loaded with 29K miles....what can

Just wondering if you dont mind...how much is it going for?
  17. T

misfire only on start up

:dunno:
  18. T

weird whine

Does it make the sound only when you drive? If so i would look at your ring and pinion, I had a truck that did that and the nut came off the pinion while I was driving. Bout scared the pooh out of me....Wait scratch that it did scare the pooh out of me.
  19. T

til it95' Explorer won't start after running until it sits for 30-60 minutes

check some threads onchecking your light you have to jump 2 spots on your aldl same spot As you would find the obd2 and the ngine light will flash the codes.http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=147734 here is another thread i found....Test 1: Key On Engine Off (KOEO) test: 1)...
  20. T

Head gasket leaking Coolant. Options.

I had a good well bad gasket leak like that on my 86 burban 6.2 liter diesel, and I used something not sure what it was called but it was a blue liquid ina a clear bottle and it worked very well. I drove that truck for 20k before finally selling it. Good luck....I also did the heads in my 96 x...
  21. T

-Your Explorer-

1996 explorer sport 200 dollars 170,000 176,000
  22. T

Bogging/ lerking foward

also check out the power steering high pressure switch
  23. T

cooling problem

ill try that and let you know the results thanks
  24. T

cooling problem

Just got my 96 on the road and i noticed the temp gauge ranging back and forth. so popped the hood a while later and the upper radiator hose was flat. S i went for another quick ride and opened the hood while running and started to open the radiator cap, had fluid come out at me and it was not...
Back