Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Overhead Console Wiring Diagram

I could use some help on this too!
  2. 9

Sway Bar Problem

I think you are on to something with the sway bar bushings. Mine were making an awful squeaking sound when going over spead bumps. I had already replaced them with aftermarket bushings but I guess the lube dried out. I took them off and lubed them. All is good now.
  3. 9

ex stalls once in a while after start

Idle Air Control Valve (IAC)....just clean it. Do a search on it.
  4. 9

4X4 problem

I have had the same problem with my 98 sport. I determined that it was a dirty sensor on the top of the diff. I romoved it and wiped it off and re-installed it. This seemed to cure the problem.
  5. 9

What is causing this occasional clicking/ticking sound ?

Turn off your AC and then listen for it. Most Ford AC clutches click about every 15 seconds or so. It is really annoying.
  6. 9

Wump wump wump

I have the same problem and it is progressively getting worse. I visually checked everything, rotated the tires, etc....no change.
  7. 9

Daytime Running Lights

Ya, but he doesn't have a first gen.
  8. 9

Daytime Running Lights

You can't just unplug the DRL module if you don't want running lights, your headlights won't work. I wanted to disable my running lights so I had to get a plug which completes the circuit. It is only like $10 from the dealer.
  9. 9

Daytime Running Lights

check the DRL Module, it may be loose. It is located under the front bumper on the driver's side.
  10. 9

Front end whirling noise

I have a noise like that with my '98. I have tried many things to fix it. I am also wondering if it could be a CV. The CV boots look good though.
  11. 9

saging rearend

I just went to a shop and told them that I wanted new springs to lift up the rear. They asked me how much and they arced them to what I wanted. I went 34" to the wheel wells all the way around. I had to crank my t-bars about 1" or so. New leafs cost about $250 Cdn.
  12. 9

Rear Wheel movement in and out?

ok, that makes me feel better. Then my front end must be causing the truck to "float". I guess it is most likely my hubs since I am having some problems with 4x4 and the front end is making a whirring or chuffing sound.
  13. 9

Rear Wheel movement in and out?

I had my truck up on stands last week to rotate my tires and noticed that my rear wheels move in and out about a 1/4" or so. Pushing them in and out caused a clunking sound. I checked to see if there was any movement by pushing and pulling at 6 and 12 o'clock and at 3 and 9 o'clock...
  14. 9

Members from BC...Let's plan a run near the coast.-17th& 18th of April

I am interested. Pretty busy in school these days, but I am sure I could make it work.
  15. 9

Broken Blend Doors BigClassaction.com

I am not looking to sue, just trying to get something done about a design flaw that has the potential to be a major hazard.
  16. 9

Broken Blend Doors BigClassaction.com

well i registered at bigclassaction, who knows if it will do anything, but it is worth a shot.
  17. 9

No Daytime running lights

I disabled my DRL too because they make my SilverStars look kinda yellow and ugly to me. I also have the clear corners with white signal lights which look better without the DRL. To disable the DRL, all I had to do was remove the module and replace it with a little jumper cap which you can get...
  18. 9

Blend door vote

I just called Ford Canada about this problem last week. They gave me the same BS about it not being a recall but if there is one in the future they will refund me. They also said they have never heard of this problem before...ya right. All I can ask of anyone who has or had this problem is to...
  19. 9

Broken Blend Door

Trying to get some numbers to take to Ford about these blend doors. Please list your model, year, and mileage.Thnx.
  20. 9

Do you have a block heater in your Explorer?

I think all canadian X's come with one. Don't need it in Vancouver though, it sn't that cold.
  21. 9

What year and model explorers come with 4:10 gears?

What some people were saying about tire size and towing package and stuff holds true for my '98 Sport. I have OHV, 16" wheels, towing package, limited slip 4.10.
  22. 9

leaning towards driver side.

It is true about the gas tank...kinda stupid how they put it on the driver's side and not in the center. Anyways, I have upgraded my shocks, replaced the rear springs with heavier duty ones(due to butt sag) and it still leaned on the driver's side. In order to balance it all out, I had the...
  23. 9

Vibration Information

YES! New Shocks New Front Sway bar bushings Going to check: Tires/Rims Alignment Rotors
  24. 9

Help! Can't Find Wire Color Code!

Just go buy the $10 adapter. Much cheaper and all the wires are labelled. I have always bought adapters because it isn't worth the hassle trying to figure it all out.
Back