Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Mines '08/96 I wish I could afford two sets. I'm trying to find a wrecked 5.0 X and a Matching Ranger to make my dream Ranger....
  2. H

Yeah, I'll wait till the 3rd no problem, I'm out of town until the 4th anyway. I'll go dig up my build date.
  3. H

Just decided to buy a set of these yesterday, so count me in for now. If the discount isn't much, I might have to order sooner though.
  4. H

Need ideas- A4LD part removal

Yeah, I didn't want to try the oxy/fuel torn so I just tried a propane torch I have. As far as getting a grip, the pin is too close to the case to get a good grip on. I can clamp my needle nose vice grips on, but just far enough off center that they slip off if I try and pull or twist. I didn't...
  5. H

I'm gonna let it sit inside for a few days by a heater, then I'm going to try emory cloth, some rubber, and whatever other suggestions I get (I have this posted on a half dozen forums)
  6. H

The pin is too close to both the top and side of the case for vice grips to fit. I have had luck getting needle nose pliers on, but I can't pull it out. I took it to a shop I used to work at to solicit opinions, and the consensus was for me to keep it in the bathroom with a space heater on...
  7. H

This pin slid out freely when I dis-assembled the transmission. I went to slid it in, and it hung up, and I can't fit any pliers around it to get a grip and pull. I feel it has to do with the case (which is aluminum) sitting outside for 2-3 weeks in the cold. I have already tucked it in my...
  8. H

Building Up an 02 Engine

Go 5.0 DOHC! Shouldn't be any harder, why not dream ;)
  9. H

What can you tell me abou this?

I mostly was curious about the differential, and I wanted to confirm the transmission. It's a '96 5.0. I am curious about the springs too. But it's got no tow package, so I guess they are nothing special...
  10. H

What can you tell me abou this?

1FMDU35P1TUC47212 WB_BRK_INT TR_TP/PS_R_AXLE_TR_SPR 112_4____Z2_____D______D4___U__A F I'd like to know as much as I can before I make a offer. It's in need of a little work, power windows don't work, headlights are stuck on, and who knows what else. Thanks!
  11. H

Thoughts on my potential load:

There is a weight requirement for brakes to be required that doesn't mean you can't buy a trailer thats nicer than minimum. I'm just guessing about the weight of my little trailer, but I can pick it up and roll it around by hand no problem, but it's got 2 3500lb braking axles. I use it to move...
  12. H

Any long trips I'd take the bigger trucks. I just want to use the X locally. Even my smallest trailer (about 600lbs) has brakes on both axles. I don't tow without them ;) Thanks alot!
  13. H

What all is run off the ECU?

Basically, what else (other than engine and transmission) is run of the ECU? I want to use a '96-97 Explorer 5.0 harness and computer to add fuel injection to my '69 Mustang (will switch whole motor, and 4R70W minus T-case) I want to keep the factory ECU if I can, so I can have a CEL and...
  14. H

Been busy, and I just grabbed a '95 Chevy 3500 for towing for now. It was a quick fix, but I'd like to get rid of it and use my X and my big Ford, insuring the Chevy just to sit around for towing is a little to much, not to mention, you know, owning a Chevy.... Funny thing. I have factory...
  15. H

As is, my X is a '97 5.0 AWD. Very well cared for. The 4R70W was rebuilt 36k ago. Does anyone know what my GCWR is? I'm planning to install a Add-A-Leaf and a hitch this month, they claim to increase payload, but with no mention as to "how much". I'm doing it for a little lift, the theoretical...
  16. H

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

I just tossed a set of 265/75R15s on today (factory rims) I know it's close to a 31x10.5 but not everyone does ;)
  17. H

Help - I can't find PVC valve on my 98 EB V8 AWD

Prior to pcv valves, the fumes were just vented to the atmosphere. When the valve is unhooked, it is just venting instead of re burning the fumes. Oops, I see now this has been covered.. Anyway....
  18. H

5.0 Plug wires w/ metal sleeves?

Old plug wires had a metal sleeve on one cylinder, and I didn't pay attention to which cylinder it was for. New wires have two metal sleeves. I assume these are meant for a specific cylinder? Any idea which? 1997 5.0, built 08/96
  19. H

Will my 97 GT40 manifolds fit GT40P heads?

EGR bung equals GT40P manifolds? It's that simple eh... I managed to get the easy-out out of the head today, and I'm going to see if we can drill the rest of the bolt out and Heli-coil it. If I can, it'll be GT40 heads for now...
  20. H

Can anyone answer this- What is the difference between the two, fitment wise? All I can find is plug angle. Does the intake bolt pattern change? Or the exhaust pattern? I've looked at dozens of photos online, and I truly think my exhaust manifolds will fit. Unless someone can say "no, the...
  21. H

Ahh, how could I have failed so miserably...! I meant the Exhaust manifolds. I know the top end will fit, and the headers will bolt up, but I've been told the spark plug location makes most factory manifolds not clear. However, this is all talk about mustangs... As far as the old heads, I...
  22. H

I've googled and all I come up with are GT40 vs GT40P as it pertains to upgrading Mustangs or other 302s.... I'm looking for a set of heads. If all else bolts up, I'd rather have GT40P heads as I understand. I get that the factory manifolds from Mustangs won't clear the spark plugs, but I...
  23. H

Introduce myself...

Yeah, I know. KBB was 4200 at the time. My (former) co-worker had quoted him some absurd amount of $ to fix a "bad" timing cover leak, so he figured it wasn't worth much. This "bad" leak was noted on my first inspection of the rig 3 years prior, and is more of a "seep" but I didn't know this...
  24. H

Introduce myself...

Signed up long ago, just getting around to thinking about the Explorer.... I'm a auto tech (european, mostly) from Kirkland, WA with a 97 Eddie Bauer... Came to me a odd way, I cared for it at the shop I worked at for 3 years for a customer (came to our shop for the families Audis). Even...
Back