Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: 96 Explorer door lock actuator tutorial with a slide show of pictures.

All of the links to photos is not working.. I could really use the pictures to help..thank you
  2. A

Window, Lock & loose piece

Thank you for taking the time to find that. I will look on the drivers door window to see where to place it unless you have an idea? I will be waiting til the heat cools down here in Phoenix though. The drivers door is the only door that I did not need to work on but now I guess it will be one...
  3. A

Window, Lock & loose piece

Hello all I have a 96 XLT. I was diagnosing a passenger window problem and found a loose piece in the bottom of the door. Can anyone please tell me where this is supposed to go? Window was going down and up but not seating right. Found that the bolt holding the left side of the window to the...
  4. A

1996 XLT JBL question

Also, does anyone know what the 'refurbished' amps have had done to them?
  5. A

96 XLT Front dome light copper ribbon fix?

Thank you for all of your posts. I am printing it out and hopefully I will have enough information to make a good one. By the way, I am terrible at soldering
  6. A

That is what I am afraid of. I bought one in tact...hopefully I don't break it!
  7. A

1996 XLT JBL question

Hello I do have the JBL sound system. My volume is way low. Determined it is not the radio. I am looking at my 96 XLT amplifier from the back quarter panel: 2 part numbers: F4ZF-18A965-AA F57F-18T806-AB (on a sticker) Found a listing for NOS-NOS 1996-1997 Ford...
  8. A

I am headed to the junkyard on Friday to see if I can find one that is in tact. I will let you know what I find and post a pick of mine. Dreading it with the 99 degree forecast with humidity, in Phoenix tomorrow! P.S. I am also searching for the 1996 specific JBL radio too..wish me luck..lol...
  9. A

Is there a valid re-wire to fix this decayed copper ribbon filament that goes to the front dome light bulbs? All I did was remove the bulb and the paper ripped in half. I have tried to find a part number with no luck. 1996 Explorer XLT 4wd with sunroof Thank you so much Andrea
  10. A

1996-Replaced cluster bulbs and one will not work NOW

Thank so much for your time and help. It is now working.... So, I embarked on this by myself. My husband decided to get involved and with that, we both missed changing out one of the old bulbs to the l.e.d. (one way at the top of the cluster), which was not noticeable until I had the cluster...
  11. A

1996-Replaced cluster bulbs and one will not work NOW

Hello I had 2 dash bulbs out. So I went and replaced all of them with l.e.d.'s. Now, the two that were out are fine and a different location is out that received a new bulb. I switched the connectors around to see if I had a bad connector or bulb and that is not the case. Could the plastic...
  12. A

Solved 3rd gen Power Seat Repair Kit

Darn...not for my year. I need a 1996 Ford Explorer one or do you think this would work?
  13. A

Solved 3rd gen Power Seat Repair Kit

Where do I buy this kit from? Thank you
  14. A

The part number is F47J-16A263-AAW. I have checked with dealer and they can not even find that...

The part number is F47J-16A263-AAW. I have checked with dealer and they can not even find that part number
  15. A

Looking for: I hope someone can help me. I am looking to replace the mud flaps that came on my...

Looking for: I hope someone can help me. I am looking to replace the mud flaps that came on my 1996 Explorer. I want the same
  16. A

96 Explorer freakin back hatch handle

The funny thing, not so funny now, is that I was just replacing it because my husband was always turning it the wrong way and then complaining, so instead of just writing on it, I thought I would be able to change it out.
  17. A

Did you see my post? Thank you
  18. A

On the piece that breaks, there is a hole inside of the round part. Am I supposed to be putting a rod in there?
  19. A

The plastic part is pushing the lever to the left or right but then it eventually it breaks. One on the left is original, the one on the right is broke.
  20. A

I think it is the yellow clips that I am missing. Is that possible?
  21. A

It is not loose but not overly tight. I think I am missing a rod retainer clip but I am not sure. That is why I need a in depth picture.
  22. A

Uggghhh...I am about to install my 4th handle (in 2 months time). Obviously I am doing something wrong. I have checked forums, you tube, my books, I just can not figure out what I am doing wrong. Each one of them has broke where it pushes the metal latch to the left or right of center. (window...
  23. A

Tailgate handle broken.

So I replaced the handle last Christmas, it broke in less than 6 months. The original one last 20+ years. The OE part number had changed. My question is, since the original lasted so long, would I be better off trying to find that part number and NOT the replacement number?
  24. A

A/C Works only on MAX-Air

Hi Can you tell me what is the name of the part. I need to change mine, I think. I am having the same problem with my 96 Explorer. Thank you ANdrea
  25. A

A/C Works only on MAX-Air

Well, my husband changed out the Evaporative Core, now I only get cold air on MaxAc setting, everything else blows hot air. Even if I change the dial from cold air to hot or change to Ac or Heater side of dial, the same amount of hot air blows out. Any ideas of what could be causing this. I...
Back