Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

ABS issue (yellow warning light).

when my abs light came on, i talked to my mechanic. he says that 9 out of every 10 explorers he has worked on for an abs light just needed the sensor in the rear differential replaced, diffinatly fixed mine!
  2. M

Temp gauge climbs under load

check out the wire/wires to the sending unit, mine did the same thing after i did the heads on mine, the wire to the sender was frieds, though it appeared fine
  3. M

Stumbling/Missing After Getting Stuck

check out all the wires under your hood, i had a similar problem with my v6, ater about half an hour i found a broken fuel injector wire.
  4. M

how many of you are running the TIMING GEAR SET

just thought it would be a good fyi. im not familiar with the v8 x's
  5. M

how many of you are running the TIMING GEAR SET

timing gears WILL NOT work on engines with knock sensors. fyi
  6. M

4x4 stopped working on a hill.....then started working again?

same thing happened to me in the same situation, except my 4wd lights went off.
  7. M

How to: How To: Replacing Rear Axle Wheel Bearings

I dont know if anyones mentioned this yet but a great tip for everyone!!! Go to sears and spend the $5 of a 6point closed end craftsman wrench in the size you need! Mine started to round out, the 6point saved my 8mm bolt
  8. M

locating the egr valve 4.0

my 95 has on, its originally from michigan or something like that. dont really remember. its on the drivers side near the exhaust manifold
  9. M

Full Length XLT Console to a short Sport Console???

section 525, thank you a ton. that makes it seem way too easy. glad to see there is carpet under there! will any 95-99 work in my 95 ex?
  10. M

briwayjones, unfortunatly my interior is tan, or i would trade. brian: the only reason i was thinking the patch was because its going to be reallly hard to find a 4door explorer with a short colsole tan interior and decent carpet. i was thinking to putting some edges on the patch piece like a...
  11. M

has anyone ever had thier entire full length console removed? i would like to see some pictures. i hate the fulll lenght comsole in my xlt, makes the truck feel WAY crowded, even more so with my cb. i would really like to put in a short console out of a sport. i was thinking of getting a...
  12. M

Oil pressure gauge issue.

try cleaning your grounds and making sure they are tight. look on the radiator support and the bottom starter bold, both very easily accesable. remove them, clean all contact points with a wire brush and make sure they are tight. fixed my oil pressure guage :)
  13. M

Wiring Issues/ Replacement harness?

Well today I went to fix the broken wire on my coolant temp sensor and noticed a wire for one of the injectors at broken also. i will be resoldering them both in a few minutes, but would anybody know where to find a replacement harness? Also my oil pressure guage has been intermittently...
  14. M

Any NorCal X Members?

Im new here to the forums and i was wondering if there are any northern cal members here? stockton/east bay area? also any good places to wheel out here? always looking for new spots! heres my rig, if you see me say hi1 and the cb is always on channel 21 or 17 my names john btw:burnout:
Back