Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Headlights stuck on

Thanks Thank you everyone for responding to my message. I was talking about the 96 XLT. Sorry about not putting that in the original message, and yes I do have DRL. Welp what I did was I pulled the DRL module and the lights no longer stay on when I turn off the truck. So I guess its a...
  2. M

Headlights stuck on

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem that just started recently. I went out for a drive to the local Alberto's for a cali burrito then I turned off my truck and went in. While I was sitting inside I noticed...
  3. M

Where to buy emergency brake pads?

I had my rotors on for the longest time on the truck and I finaly decided to chang them. When I did they were rusted on so good that I had to bang them out with a hammer. Anyways when they came out the shoes just disinigrated into dust. I was like HOLY CRAP. The funny part was that they worked...
  4. M

California smog requirements

I brought my 96 X from Canada to San Diego and I had no problems at all. They did the visual and ran it through the smog machine and passed perfectly they said.
  5. M

A/C problems

Alright thanks, I appreciate all the input. I was getting worried for a bit.
  6. M

A/C problems

Ok I read both your posts but im not sure what to think. Could someone confirm that it runs in all modes for my model? The one in question is a 1996 XLT I would check with my 93 but I removed the A/C. And if it does run in all modes, won't it make my MPG suffer since its on? Thats what...
  7. M

A/C problems

Could this be an electrical problem? or something as simple as a fuse? Or perhaps my whole A/C system is fudged up?
  8. M

A/C problems

Alright heres the problem. The A/C will be on in all modes except for the one that is left of the off position which is when it blows at your face. All other settings the A/C compressor turns on (I can hear it) and the air will be freezing cold if I have it on cold. If I have it on warm I still...
  9. M

Lifted Explorers=Rare?

san diego dude.... everything is either a lifted up explorer or ranger. Atleast in the poway area
  10. M

Sony deck, why all the hate?

I bought a sony system, for a great price.... I have some connections at work and with price match I had a price I couldn't say no to. Even though I read alot of bad things on the forums I felt like I had to try it anyways, I have friends that have full sony systems and nothing bad has happend...
  11. M

Making brakes more sensative

Thanks for reply, I noticed you said drum and shoes....Do disc brakes have drums and shoes. Mine are all 4 discs. I think I have shoes cause thats what the hand brake uses....could be totaly wrong cause I don't know much about brakes. As for the drums that sounds iffy to me...I did find some...
  12. M

Making brakes more sensative

A while ago a friend of mine made the pedal harder by doing something under the rear end of my truck. He grabbed a screw driver got under there for under a min and made the brakes and E brake stiffer.... I was looking around on teh website and found some posts on making them more sensative...
  13. M

Which amp is best for the sub I bought

Thanks. one last question. What would happen if the amp I bought had more Watts RMS? would it blow up the speaker?
  14. M

this is the info I found on the sub 350W RMS Power P5 Series design features a 5-sided design to enhance bass performance, rigid compound polyproylene cone, 4 Ohm voice coil, and 1200w max input power. I had a limited amount of money to spend on the project and I found the sub at a very...
  15. M

Stealthbox Worlklog:

Your ex aside from mine is the only other ex I have seen with the blue interior...wonder if they are rare. I hope to make a sub box like that one day and mount it in that little corner. Looking good so far.
  16. M

I am working on upgrading my stock audio system in my Ex. I am not looking for window shattering performance just something better than my stock X audio system which came with no sub or amps. I have just bought A sony Head unit...
  17. M

Yokohama Avid S/t VS Avid TC 320

Before I moved to San Diego I had Yokohama AVID TC 320s on my truck Now that I am in need of new tires I can't find them. I did find Yokohama Avid S/T. When I called Yoko for information they said the AVID TC is only made for Canada. My question is does anyone know the difference between...
  18. M

Midas lifetime brakes

lol, Midas can go to hell. Took them 4 tries to get my dad's Dodge spirit Rt's brakes right. Dumb *****. Autozone is alright here, when I had problems with my battery they hooked me up nicely they took it out tested and instaled the new one, I just had to pay for battery which was around 40...
  19. M

Found a NEST!

I had a hive of bees in my 93 Ex
  20. M

a big drive ahead

my 96 has 200,000+ miles on it, and I make a trip from San Diego to Canada every 2-3 months. All I do is keep its maintenance up and it gives me no problems at all. And tires, make sure you got good pressure and the spare is operational. Don't want to get a flat and put on another flat.
  21. M

Shock replacement price - good or bad??

I don't know about the rest of the U.S but here in Cali, Sears is offering free instalation with their shocks until the 15 of Feb. With the monroe sensatrac shocks and everything needed for them to go on it would cost 172.00 with a life time limited warr. I'm not sure if the shocks are any...
  22. M

High milage explorers?

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 134,000 Miles Problems: IAC valve, cleaned EGR Valve Sensor, Replaced Battery, Replaced Alternator, Replaced Tires, put on Yokos when I see them worn out I change the oil every 3k miles and tune up every 12k Truck is in excellent condition, probobly...
  23. M

imported from canada

My truck is also from canadia. I had to get a letter from ford that stated that my truck conformed with all emission laws in Cali so I could even get it smogged for registration. Other than that no problem for me.
  24. M

Extremely happy X owner.

some stories I found regarding the blizzard. One of the pictures shows just had deep it was. http://www.kezi.com/content/contentID/6150 http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2003/1230/local/stories/01local.htm
  25. M

Extremely happy X owner.

**Long story, don't read if you have ADD or bore easily** Well I took a road trip from San Diego, CA to Surrey, B.C and back. The trip there was uneventful, there was no snow anywhere, the worst weather I saw was in Portland which was a little drizzle. I just had my Silver Star head...
Back