Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

2010 Mounty 4.0 SOHC Bad Coolant Leak

Hello everyone, long time since ive posted but my 98 5.0 is running exceptionally well today as always. however my friends car has sprung a leak and she asked me to take a look. i dont know know much about the 4.0, i have never owned one. i went expecting a water pump but once the car was up to...
  2. W

Help! AC blows hot air

1998 mountaineer 120k 5.0l 2wd Been trying to figure out why my AC is blowing hot air as if the heater was on. No matter what setting (even max AC so it's not that flap thing) has anyone had this problem? What did you do to fix it? I'm trying to figure this out asap because Friday I'm making...
  3. W

WeatherTech floor mats for explorer

http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/floorliner-digitalfit/ saw an advertisement for these on TV, really like the idea and want some for mounty, went to the website searched them for 98 mountaineer, no products. tried explorer, same thing. anyone know where i can find something...
  4. W

slamming into third then O/D light flashes

does that mean taking it to a dealership, or would any back yard mechanic have a code reader? dont like dealerships :thumbdwn:
  5. W

slamming into third then O/D light flashes

hey guys, my Mountaineer is a 2nd Gen 5.0L with 4 spd Auto. the shift from 1-2 is smooth but it has a hard time getting to 3rd, i have to rev the engine to 3-4k then it will slam into either 3rd or 4th (not exactly sure) it does not do this every time, in fact it will do it every time i drive...
  6. W

What failures have you had?

98 mounty 102k miles 1. 5.0L Manifolds @86k
  7. W

2nd gen Explorer V8 headers

hey puffer, just wanted to check in and ask about progress, i got money in the bank ready ;)
  8. W

how do i quickly disable my explorer?

Thanks for the help guys! i no longer have to park outside my desk window, and get nervous when i leave my desk to take a leak! i unattached the throttle cable, this should do wonders!
  9. W

how do i quickly disable my explorer?

having some family issues and long story short, someone who shouldn't have a set of keys to my 98 explorer does and i dont want to have to retrieve my car again. how can i quickly disable my ex? besides doing something like disconnecting the battery? something not as obvious. i know there used...
  10. W

Show off your mud

this is as far offroad as she goes CHECK OUT THE DIRT ON THOOSE TIRES! oh yes, im bad to the bone :mattmoon:
  11. W

2nd gen Explorer V8 headers

If you could get these into production how long would it take? I have $900 to spend on headers and the ones on my mounty are cracked as of now. If you could have some within the next year I'd a sure sale
  12. W

how do i turn these lights on?

hey guys, the lights mounted on the front bumper i for the life of me can not to to turn on? when should they turn on? if they dont when they are suppose to what is most likely the problem? Reference, they're the ones im the bumper bellow the headlights
  13. W

Second gen aftermarket parts (Torque Monster headers, grille, etc)

well now if there in Buford then that changes things, lol Monroe is a $40 gas bill but Buford aint to bad. if you can get some pics it would be much appreciated, but today im going out of town and wont be back till next Tuesday.
  14. W

whoops. lol, not sure where that "S" came from ;)
  15. W

Email me pics of the Magnaflows? and shipping quote to 30566? 1h1br1d1@gmail.com
  16. W

95 F-150 vs 2nd gen Mounty. what do you guys think?

well jusrt an update, Allstate gave me $1,150.00 to fix it, but everysingle local shop is saying atleast $2,500.00 to fix it. all i really need fixed is that rear panal because i can get everything else at Pull-A-Part so i called up a buddy thats into the local drift scene and he said he'd beat...
  17. W

troubles get deeper..... Left side, nice and boxed up.. right side, caved in....
  18. W

found out one other part, worse then i had expected, rear quarter panel is bent too. Left side (not the one that i got hit on) notice the gap right side (side i got hit on) both panels are over lapped
  19. W

hey guys, my merc got rear ended in the school parking lot today. at the moment it looked like i could just take the bumper off and put the plastics back in place and it would be set, but then i got it on the lift and realized the bumper was bent, plastics kinked, bumper mounts bent. but the guy...
  20. W

Collision Repair......nervous

i'd be more upset about this part more then anything else xD
  21. W

Stop the dinging! D:

lol thanks! and i know i cant stand stand it. my personal favorite is when i put the key in with the door open... because in the 1 second i did it i totally forgot/did realize i put my key in. *FACE PALM*
  22. W

Stop the dinging! D:

does anyone know how to stop the dinging on a 2nd gen merc? at tailgates i'd really like to just open up the doors and play music but i cant cause the dorrs start dinging so i have to shut the doors and roll down the windows, but then i have no place to sit. yes, i know, ***** ***** *****...
  23. W

need transmission help.

alright thank you so much! and when you say it was the only tranny used with the 5.0L is that for all gens?
  24. W

need transmission help.

thanks guys! but i just have two more questions. so it is a 4R70W right? and where is the best place to find that? i've looked on the sticker on the driver side doors but couldnt find anything that resembled a transmission.
  25. W

need transmission help.

thanks! lol not sure what im looking for. its a RWD V8 5 speed automatic i need this because im going to a junk yard tomorrow to see what i can find. besides the ranger are there any other cars that use the same transmission?
Back