Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

ac not cold enough & compressor clicking noise

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to learn as much as I can by reading the forum. If I think this will be a more expensive diy job...I will probably just look for a good shop to do this repair for me. Again, thanks for the reply.
  2. S

I did a lot of laptop repairs but this will be my first try at fixing cars...so I do not know yet what I can or cannot do. A step by step instructions will give me a better idea of how much work I will/can do. thanks!
  3. S

I am not familiar with parts name of the car. Where can I find the schrader valves? Thanks!
  4. S

Thanks for all the replies! I put one can of refrigerant with uv dye and found a big leak around the drier/accumulator sides.
  5. S

what reading should I expect when the compressor is off and running? thanks!
  6. S

My 98 explorer ac is not cooling enough. The clicking noise seems to be the noise that it produced whenever the compressor turns on and off. I hooked up a recharge hose with gauge then run the ac and fan to max and noticed that the needle on the gauge goes up to 60 psi whenever the compressor is...
Back