Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

I Wana see 1st gen ex lifted 4" and 33s!!

Here's my '94 back when it was in its weekend warrior phase--2" suspension lift and 2" body lift, some mild trimming in the front, and 33x12.50s.
  2. S

33's with NO lift

I ran 33x9.50s and then 33x12.50s. With the pizza cutters it was fine with a 2" suspension lift. For the 33x12.50s I had to add a 2" body lift and do some trimming. Mine was a 5-speed with 3.27 gears and that was BARELY adequate with the stock 29" tires. With the 33s it was terrible. Fifth...
  3. S

Transfer case swap?

Wow! Thanks for crawling under your ST, Rick! That's what I'm guessing, at least.
  4. S

Transfer case swap?

What model of transfer case is in the 2020 Explorer/Aviator? All I know is that it's a single-speed case without low range. Would it be possible to swap in a TC from a Ranger or F-150 to get low range? Not sure how different the 10R80 in those is different on the TC side from the 10R60 in the...
  5. S

I love these vehicles - Gen 2 - V8 5.0 AWD 4R70W - driving my new purchase

And here's I am dreaming of having a DD/weekend warrior Explorer after turning my '94 into a dedicated rock crawler on 40s. But now I'm thinking about a '98-'01 Mounty 5.0 AWD. How does the ride and handling compare to a 1st gen 4.0 OHV 5-speed with long 3.27 gears? I'm sure the 5.0 with 3.73s...
  6. S

SVO42's 1-ton SAS

Sorry I've been gone a while. Things with life have been very busy. Bronco II gas tank and Dana 20 are still in the barn. And for various reasons I hate to do this but I am putting it up for sale. :(
  7. S

SVO42's 1-ton SAS

Speaking of the proportioning valve, I think that was my brake issue from the start. By bypassing the ABS pump that meant I was bypassing the stock proportioning valve that's built into the stock pump. I can tell a noticeable improvement once I added the aftermarket valve. Since I'm still not...
  8. S

SVO42's 1-ton SAS

Not much, unfortunately. Other things came up that took my time. Had to replace the springs on the tow rig Excursion (big job!), then a new deck for the trailer. Then, after getting a Scangauge, we found out the oil cooler on the Excursion's 6.0 PSD was on its way out. That's been a big job...
  9. S

mushy brakes after SAS

I bench bled the MC when I did the swap. Looking at some other info I think I might also have a fluid volume issue. My awesome wife and I worked on it and got the new parts with a quick redneck bleed last weekend. Finally tested it and while the pedal still goes to the floor (or almost) the...
  10. S

mushy brakes after SAS

Did a SAS on my '94 Explorer years ago and the brakes were always mushy afterward (build thread in sig). Axles were a Dana 60 and Sterling 10.25" from an '87 F-350. I put a new master cylinder for a '79 Ford on and bypassed the Explorer's ABS pump. Finally lost brakes the last time I had it...
  11. S

Ouray in July

That sucks! We're overnighting in Limon tonight. We'll NE at the KOA tomorrow evening! What sites are you guys going to be in?
  12. S

Ouray in July

Further proof they're a great crowd--helping me (in the yellow/orange shirt laying down) work on my Explorer in 2010 when we took it out there IMMEDIATELY after finishing the solid axle swap and I was having issues with a leaking rear hub (actual problem--my severely sleep-deprived brain forgot...
  13. S

Ouray in July

Check out some of the other threads at FSJnetwork in the Ouray section for more info. We'll be in site 47B. Looks like there'll be a BBQ/potluck night on Wednesday (post up there if you're interested) and a raffle (date TBD) which the proceeds benefit Ouray Mountain Rescue. Everyone we've...
  14. S

Ouray in July

I'll be there along with my wife and daughter 7/13-7/19 as part of the Full Size Jeep Invasion. We've been every year since 2006 (with the exception of last year). I even took my Explorer and tagged along. Great group who will also be staying at the KOA! Three years ago I finally took a FSJ...
  15. S

1st gen 91' explorer MC Brake Upgrade?

Can you get a pic of the valve and the Ford part number off of it?
  16. S

1st gen 91' explorer MC Brake Upgrade?

Might have to look into this some more myself since the brakes have sucked on my Ex ever since the SAS. I might also have one leaky caliper and one leaky wheel cylinder. Any idea if line size matters? I used 3/16" line. :roll:
  17. S

Does anyone have a 1994 explorer that came with a manual transmission?

Further documentation: Good luck with the project! :burnout:
  18. S

Sorry for the long delay but I got it! F47F-12A650-KB
  19. S

I'll have to try again this coming weekend. Weather wasn't very cooperative this time any time I had time. Sorry! :(
  20. S

dblD1968, it looks like FORDgeoEXPLORER got an answer for you. I didn't have time today to check mine and I won't again until Saturday now at the earliest. Let me know if you still need me to. Sorry but I or my wife have to work late every night this week (and we have a 2 year old :hammer: ).
  21. S

Tow Rigs

2004 Ford Excursion with the 6.0 PSD. Does great and has room for everything inside. I get about 12 MPG towing my Explorer like this.
  22. S

I have one. I might have a chance to check tomorrow.
  23. S

spring over swap advice

I think the stock springs flex fine. This is a shot of mine. Rear setup is stock springs with an add-a-leaf and Warrior shackles, overload leaf removed, and SOA:
  24. S

SVO42's 1-ton SAS

OK, NOW my PM box has room. Deletions didn't take the first time. :scratch:
Back