Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

HOT AIR Coming out even in cold setting

Thanks all. I guess I have to make an appointment to the mechanic. He will be singing "Happy Days are here Again" :rolleyes:
  2. N

I checked all the hoses and connection and its fine. I noticed further that when set of a regular A/C setting (not max setting) the blend door closed but with the max A/C setting the door opens and I can see the blower running. The blend door stayed closed at all other directional setting. I...
  3. N

Where is the Oil Plug on my 96 SWD?

If you can find the engine, look directly underneath, there will be a pan with bolt plug on it. That should be it.:D
  4. N

loud humming

Well, I was been hearing humming sound and I though it was something common. I can also hear it when I released the gas from a 60 and above speed. Now I don't hear anything because my wheel bearings are all new.
  5. N

Heater blowing really HOT air even in the cold setting. I tried to turn on the A/C in regular and/or max. setting and still blowing hot air. The blend door open and close when I checked. It closed when in off setting and on A/C setting. It opens when on the heater setting. I opens and...
  6. N

Front wheel bearings?

I started hearing binding noise in my front wheels at the passenger side. I jacked it up and there's a half inch play no noise when I turned it. No noise when I'm driving it slow but I can hear a binding low noise when I'm driving it in a regular speed. I suspect the wheel bearing. Any...
  7. N

250,000 Makeover

How about the rear differential? You might as well:D
  8. N

Stupid Headlights

I had the same problem. Actually I even posted it as a problem in this site. A lot responded and they were right. It was the main switch. It cost me $215 for the switch + labor.:(
  9. N

How long will she last?

I already have 150+K on mine and can still kick ass.:D
  10. N

Check Out What I have done to my Explorer Sport

Wowwwww:eek: :eek: :eek:
  11. N

Headlight Help!!!

That happend to my X too. No low beam. Everything checked out.. like the fuse, the bulbs, connections/grounds. I had the head light switch replaced. It cost me $214 for the switch + labor:eek: It works fine now.
  12. N

How to Replace spark plugs...

If you are changing the plugs you might as well replace the wires. I recommend Jacobs wires.
  13. N

squeek, eek!

Try greasing the stablizer bushings first. :rolleyes:
  14. N

Head light problem

My multi function switch was replaced today. The switch cost $129.80 + labor. It works now. Thanks.:D
  15. N

Head light problem

Thank you.
  16. N

Michelin LTX A/T Tires

:D It really wears out too long specially when you rotate the tires on schedule. I love it!
  17. N

getting hot : what can i do

Checked or change your thermostat first. Ihad the same problem after a long driving. Thermostat can cost you less $. I think $25:D
  18. N

throttle body air filter

I don't need a loan for now:D
  19. N

Need Brake Pad & Rotor Recommendations

I tried raybestos from pep boys, I even tried the ceramic one and it fries my rotor. I changed the rotor to a slotted one and used the original ford brake pads and it works great so far. It also comes with the anti-rattle unlike the after market pads.
  20. N

? on flowmaster exhaust and air box

I like FLOWMASTER too.
  21. N

Idoling rough....for me

Try reseting the computer by disconnecting the battery, cleaning the MAF sensor and a nice FI cleaner.:D
  22. N

Head light problem

When I turned on the head lights it's always out I have to flick the high beam lever to have it on. Sometimes I have to do it several times to make it works. :confused: Anybody who can help me find the problem? :mad:
  23. N

Idle racing and Temp goes up & down

I replaced the thermostat. Problem solved!:D A 30 minutes job! It takes 15 miles/gal of gas with that kind of problem wowwww:eek:
  24. N

Idle racing and Temp goes up & down

I did a search and I wanted confirmation. Could this be a bad thermostat? I noticed after a long drive (650 miles) with stop and go traffic, my idle was racing and the thermo gauge goes up if I am in a constant 65 miles/hour and down when in a slow traffic. :rolleyes: How hard is it to...
  25. N

Whining noise??

Somebody posted the same whining noise problem before and it was something about the "pinion" in the transfer case that was causing the whining noise. Try searching for that forum. Good luck!
Back