Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

02 explorer sport rear wiper motor

I'm making the assumption that sports are the same, but yes, the 2002 rear wiper motor was changed mid year. The harness is different, more wires in the later build explorer. Side note, that singular change really screws you if you ever try replacing the rear window. I falsely made the...
  2. C

2002 to 2004 liftgate replacement

I ran into this problem when I replaced my 02 with an 03 gate. They changed the wiper motor in mid 03, thus making the harness different. I ended up cutting the harness on the gate side and rewiring it into the old harness. Definitely not fun, but doable.
  3. C

How to replace rear wheel bearing on 2003 ford explorer

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251915
  4. C

03 Explorer Power Seat Fuse

Is it when you try to adjust the seat? If so Id see if anything is wedged in the seat tracks not letting it move and causing too much draw on the motor. If not, Just gotta find the short. I'd find the wiring harness to the seat for the and do continuity checks both to the fuse box and to the...
  5. C

High Mount Brake Light Bulb Replacement on 2002 Ford Explorer

There's just a screw, I think only one, on the outside and the whole thing comes off along with the washer nozzle. just disconnect the harness and the hose to the sprayer when you take it off.
  6. C

Chirping sound 2002 explorer

Also leaves the water pump, which was my problem. I initially took it to the stealership for them to fix the squeak, but when they pulled the car around to return it to me, it was chirping away. :rolleyes: Decided to just fix it myself. When you take off the belt you can spin each pulley by...
  7. C

Noises

Still sounds like a wheel bearing. Maybe your mechanic got the wrong one, or you have more than one bad.
  8. C

Thermostat/Upper radiator hose question

My thought is if you replaced the water pump and radiator, why not the few extra bucks for the thermostat, since its both cheap and easy to replace.
  9. C

Rear Rotor Removal-ebrake stuck?

Yes, my adjuster was frozen as well. Rust. I just sprayed it down with some PB and worked it loose, then cleaned it up a bit. I'm sure it will freeze all over again eventually, especially with the new hole I added in the back of the dust cover by punching out the adjustment cover.
  10. C

02 explorer ticking when stopping.

Not really a problem to not do anything. More an annoyance issue than anything. Unless of course at some point you find a situation where an emergency brake could be beneficial. ie an emergency. But other than that, once the pads break up sufficiently, the noise will go away.
  11. C

Well for me, the whole reason to get the rotors off was to simply replace the e brake shoes that had pieces of broken pad rattling around. As to the adjustment screw, neither the haynes or chilton mention backing it all the way off. It actually mentions using some tool that tells you the...
  12. C

I hate these things :mad: I am currently working on my emergency brakes. And what a PITA. The rotors came off fairly easily, since my pads had fallen off the shoes themselves, so I guess that was sort of a blessing. But stretching those springs for the shoes sucks. I don't wish that on anyone...
  13. C

02 explorer ticking when stopping.

I believe this is actually a known problem with our explorers. If you look at the ebrake shoes, the pad is glued to the shoe, not riveted like most brake pads. This is what causes the pad part form falling off and causing the ticking/clicking sound. And like said above, it doesn't always have to...
  14. C

Emblem Removal

Your good on all but the Blue Oval. It will leave a hole. 2 of them actually.
  15. C

04 Xlt Rough Idle

Could be a number of things. The IAC is one. I had this problem, and it ended up being bad gas/fuel filter.
  16. C

'03 x/xls Driver side front door lock motor replacement?

While I haven't actually removed the door lock actuator, I have had the door panel off more times than I can count, and I don't think it would be too difficult. It is fairly visible once you remove the door panel and the moisture barrier.
  17. C

Rear Differential Seal

Well, I dropped the spare tire to get a better look at the upper portion of the rear diff and answered my own question. The upper mounting bolts for the rear diff are attached to the inspection plate, so you would have to take the whole thing down. :mad: So much for that one...
  18. C

Rear Differential Seal

I have the procedure via the Haynes manual, however, if it involves dropping the rear dif just to take off the inspection plate I would just rather not do it. I realize the relative ease in screwing something up. I was hoping to just remove the plate and replace the gasket.
  19. C

Rear Differential Seal

I have an '02 Explorer 4WD, and noticed some fluid leaking from the rear differential. It appeared to be coming from the vicinity of the inspection plate, so I bought a new gasket and syn gear oil. However, upon closer inspection, it doesn't seem that I can reach the top half of the bolts. Has...
  20. C

Cant compress the rear caliper

Ya, I felt stupid, but I guess if the shoe fits... Like you said, with the tool, I was in and out in no time at all.
  21. C

So I guess I am a little dumb then. Is there some cap to remove and an adjustment screw on the caliper somewhere?
  22. C

Well, perhaps I'm a little dumb on this one, but I was helping a friend change the rear disc brakes on his 2005 Chevy Malibu and I couldn't get the caliper to depress so it would fit over the new brakes. I was using a C clamp to perform said operation but the caliper was having nothing to do...
  23. C

lifted 2003 exploder

Here's that same site's "prototype" lift kit for the Explorer. "prototype"
  24. C

Stock Tow Hitch, Anybody use it?

Yes, this is true, Since the whole firestone thing, Uhaul has refused to rent trailers to Ford Explorers, and yes, if you have a Mercury Mountaineer, or Lincoln Aviator or even a Mazda Navjo they will rent to you, even if they are the same truck. Some places might not care, but policy dictates...
  25. C

Brake light lense?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/Cdaddy78/100_2790.jpg http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/Cdaddy78/100_2791.jpg
Back