Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

‘06 Xlt 4.0 recalls

Good shout, I’ve just dug ou5 The Haynes manual, and will be going through the maintenance list, very similar to what you wrote above. I guess my question stemmed from owning the previous gen Ex. Year 2000. I remember reading that there was a timing chain guard that needed to be swapped out on...
  2. D

‘06 Xlt 4.0 recalls

Hi all! I have the above Explorer, it’s going great, but I got to thinking....perhaps there are a few recalls or mods that I have missed. I have had the car 5 years, done only minimal servicing on it and thought maybe a little TCL wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Any suggestions, or any threads I...
  3. D

So, your rear wiper doesn't work?

Hey there y'all. Can anyone help me a little further with this? I'm rather inexperienced with mechanics, but willing to take some time to learn! I've taken the whole enclosure off the rear windscreen - nice n carefully. Taken the motor off and everything else that I could, and now started to...
  4. D

Does Garmin's ecoroute hd work on 2000 expo?

Update: I can confirm the Garmins ecoroute hd works on both my old 2000 explorer, and my 2006 explorer. Great wee piece of kit!
  5. D

Moved to Sweden

Wife is driving over in the Ex as I write! Us there a Swedish owners group or forum?
  6. D

For Sale Northface hardly used

Still for sale, I'm open to offers. I'm working through till Tuesday, so could get pictures then if you're interested. Feel free to ask questions in the meantime.
  7. D

For Sale Northface hardly used

Hey guys n gals, I think it's time to swap out my Explorer for something smaller, possibly a Maverick. So I have a 2000 Green North Face Explorer with 68k miles on the clock. I've only had it 6 months. Lovely car, it replaced another 2000 Explorer with 180k which I still have for parts... If...
  8. D

no snow here

Ah yes, I'm thinking of downsizing to a Maverick (Escape) here. Any thoughts Chris?
  9. D

For Sale 1.5 Explorers available

Hey guys n gals, I think it's time to swap out my Explorer for something smaller, possibly a Maverick. So I have a 2000 Green North Face Explorer with 68k miles on the clock. I've only had it 6 months. Lovely car, it replaced another 2000 Explorer with 180k which I still have for parts... If...
  10. D

no snow here

I get that you wanted an Explorer, but those new Expeditions are lovely, just back from five weeks in USA.
  11. D

Radio code?

Hi guys n gals, I disconnected the battery whilst away. But having reconnected I now need the Radio code - any thoughts?
  12. D

How to unlock

Are these points available from underneath or through a wheel arch? Alternatively, how do I pop the hood?
  13. D

How to unlock

I maybe should add I don't think the ignition ever fitted the locks.
  14. D

How to unlock

Good people on the forum can you help? How do I get into my 2000 Expo? It's locked, battery is flat, key doesn't seem to fit any of the locks! Certainly seems challenging to me...
  15. D

Does Garmin's ecoroute Hd work on 2000 expo?

Thought I'd ask here as well as my 'home' thread. Anyone got this nice looking gadget, and is it any good?
  16. D

Does Garmin's ecoroute hd work on 2000 expo?

Anyone know the answer to this? I would love to have the diagnostic codes availalbe, on my sat-nav...
  17. D

Lpg

Just a wee note guys n gals about running your Expo on LPG - as the gas burns considerably hotter than petrol - there is now a suggestion that an extra cooling system be added to the LPG side of things. It's described as a 'valve protector kit'. I'm afraid i have learnt this the hard way - two...
  18. D

Red Explorer yesterday in Wales

Hi all, I was in Wales yesterday, collecting my new green north face Explorer, and some cheerful soul flashed in the above Explorer - just wanted to say hi and thanks - made me smile!
  19. D

Insurance quote

Anyone recommend a good insurance company (good meaning good value in this case) for insuring my north face? I've been using admiral's multi car policy but I'm collecting my replacement north face edition tomorrow and going down to one car.
  20. D

For Sale 2000 North Face LPG Converted

interested Hi I've sent you an email regarding your lpg expo - is it still available?
  21. D

Petrol in the plugs

Hi folks - it appears that my lovely explorer is using more petrol than I care to mention. It usually runs on log, and a mechanic who has worked on expo's for a long time suggested that if it mainly runs on log (it does) then the regular injectors may have stuck open? I get a lot of smoke...
  22. D

P0136 Code and O2 Sensor 2 Bank 1 voltage

Where is bank 1 sensor 1 Hi folks can you help? I've run a diagnostic on my explorer, and have to replace the o2 sensor that is at bank 1 sensor 1 - my question is how do i work out which is which? RHD UK 4.0 stock explorer Thank you for any help
  23. D

For Sale NEW heater resistor & fuel locking cap with keys

If that heater blower resistor was still available, I would like to buy it
  24. D

Heater Blower resistor in uk?

Hi folks, does anyone know where I could get the abovementioned part here in the UK? many thanks
  25. D

Rough guess on cost of replacement key?

I got my new fob (2 button) off ebay for £21, programmed it in less than a minute. Now a new key on the other hand, Ford here in the UK said over £100! Forget it, there must be a cheaper way...
Back