Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Zoe is coming along

Zoe got her first bath today in over 6 months... she got the spa treatment, and then got a new sticker!
  2. K

What to do with scratches

it adds to the collection on my truck, she's 15 years old and in need of a paint job, i don't worry about it too much. :)
  3. K

Zoe is coming along

lol its pretty sweet, Illinois is a little far for me to travel though :P This summer I'm hoping to get a lot of work done on it, but I've been waiting 2 years for that one, so I'm not holding my breath... my dad is the biggest procrastinator I know lol
  4. K

Zoe is coming along

It's like a sport but without all the cool features lol. I have manual windows and locks, I was lucky to have FM radio... I don't get all the plastic trim that comes on sports (I would have taken it off anyway so its all good)... Yea, I've never seen another XL in person lol.
  5. K

Zoe is coming along

This is more for my benefit than anything, but I figured some people would like to see the progress I've made on my truck so far... I bought it 2 1/2 years ago fully stock from a guy on craigslist... he said he picked it up from an auction at a junkyard. Apparently it was an impound that never...
  6. K

driver's door wont unlock!

i had the same problem, so i got into the door panel and started manually locking and unlocking it all while playing with the door handle, and then the spring on my handle broke. i think it was in the way of something... i now have floppy handle but my lock works great. :)
  7. K

For Sale 16" Wheels and Tires

x2 on the pictures, i need a spare but wouldn't mind getting a whole new set of rims if they look better than what i have already...
  8. K

My *****in' Frankn Bumpers by RLC Welding!

my dad has had plans drawn up for a rear bumper very similar to that for like 2 years... i'm still waiting on him to get it built, but it should be done by this summer *crosses fingers*
  9. K

How close have you been to running out of gas?

outdid myself last summer while i was working a pizza delivery job... ran it completely dry :( poor truck. had to replace my fuel filter after that adventure
  10. K

I think I finally fixed my squeal under the hood.....OMG!

i hope its gone too, but i've noticed that every time i play with my belt the squeak stops for a couple days and then comes back. i've got a 97 xl (sport without all the fancy schmancies) and mine is ohv... i've narrowed mine down to the a/c pulley bearing. i'm not brave enough to take mine all...
  11. K

New bumper incoming

WOOOO I'M BACK!!! I'm in school full time now and doing lots of the photography thing, so not much time to get on here and post anymore... But I thought I'd share my exciting news with everyone: (providing it doesn't rain this weekend) my dad is gonna start welding my new bumper! I'm so...
  12. K

A/C clutch replacement.

i'm replacing my a/c clutch this week too and had the same question... i read online that you have to have the special clutch "undo-er" tool... but i don't wanna buy that tool for a one-time use. is there any other way to get that dern thing off?!
  13. K

Newbie with questions

i have a 97 sport xl... 2wd v6 ohv, and mine is manual... if i drive it nicely, i can get up to 20 mpg, 25 highway..... the first offroading trip i took zoe on, i actually got 30 mpg on the freeway on the way out. but i've also gone down to 13 mpg when i'm driving like an a-hole... but yea. my...
  14. K

zoe's 2nd wheelin trip

no can do, kris has already told me he wants to go with me for the first big run i do, as i'm not TOOOOTALLY comfortable driving offroad yet... and he's doing his cpr re-cert that weekend. :(
  15. K

zoe's 2nd wheelin trip

Here's the video
  16. K

zoe's 2nd wheelin trip

aaaaaand my video didn't work. i'm uploading it to youtube now. stay tuned.
  17. K

zoe's 2nd wheelin trip

So we decided to head out to Ocotillo Wells (down by San Diego county) to do some offroading and camping. We left thursday, and the plan was to come home today but the heat made me way sick so we came home yesterday instead... we didn't bring any dirt toys... just the sploder. yesterday...
  18. K

probably more exciting to me than you guys...

if nothing else, my truck looks a little more rugged. i haven't had any bugs since i put it on though.
  19. K

hahaha no the truck wasn't a present. my wallet will tell you that one. lol. for any of you guys that have the bug deflectors, does it affect your gas mileage for the fact that it kinda makes you more aerodynamic with the way it pushes the wind? i'm already getting 20 mpgs, but hoping for more...
  20. K

before the birthday present after the birthday present if you look really closely, you can see the window deflector things too. i'm way stoked. still waiting on the back bumper though.
  21. K

LA area wheeling trip?

zoe DEFINITELY would not have made that... probably a good thing i couldn't go. poor zoe needs to be fixed :(
  22. K

LA area wheeling trip?

dern it! my grandmother just got out of the hospital so i have to be around in case she needs anything. thanks for the offer, rj... i would have taken you up on it too. i'll definitely be around for the next run, and hopefully my back bumper will be fixed.... if so, i can ride any 2wd friendly...
  23. K

LA area wheeling trip?

i really really want to go, but zoe has some issues that are keeping her from running trails right now. Im in if someone has an extra seat and i can ride along.
  24. K

Gas Mileage took a dump

oh and i don't have 4wd... i have all the wiring but i'm 2wd
  25. K

Gas Mileage took a dump

the 15 is both... its my total average gas mileage. yiiiikes. and i think i figured out what it was, i had done the zip tie on the throttle cable mod, and i took it off yesterday just because it didn't seem to be helping. come to find out, it was making a HUGE difference, but i think it was...
Back