Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

Bought my 02 in 2010 with 147k no previous records, at 225k now with only have issues at cold start, needs to warm up for a min or so before it will catch gear, other than that it runs great.
  2. F

Can I get list of options with VIN

you can run the vin here http://www.compnine.com/vid.php , it will tell you everything, as long as its on file which most are.
  3. F

Problems, help

OK 2002 v6 xlt we had a bad rain storm the other day and there was a lot of water on the roads, truck start running rough by the time I got back home. never had any problems before. now its showing codes P0175 P0304 P0305 P0306 P0316 P0430 P1400 what could have happen to show all...
  4. F

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Finally got mine changed with the little blue aluminum tool, it was still a major pita even with the right tool.
  5. F

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

finally did this today with complete new assemble control arms, no more squeaks, also change front struts with new complete assemblies. rides so much better, just need to do the back struts.
  6. F

squeaking noises?

yes, and it stop most of it, but its back and as loud as ever.
  7. F

squeaking noises?

I've already changed the sway bar bushings and en-links with Moog blue, and it's still squeaking, this dam thing is driving me nuts...any other possible solutions.
  8. F

Belt ?

Thanks for the help. BTW the belt size for AC bypass was a 72 1/8 or 1831mm
  9. F

Belt ?

its no longer spinning, smoking and making a loud nosie, and that what my auto tech teachers says.
  10. F

Belt ?

I need to bypass the AC compressor, it's locked up, does anybody know what size belt I would need to get. 02 xlt 4.0
  11. F

orifice tube location

I found it...O yeah!
  12. F

orifice tube location

does anybody have a pic of were the orifice tube is located on an 2002 XLT?
  13. F

AC help?

Thanks for the help, I found one....Hell YEAH for AC....lol
  14. F

AC help?

whats it called.
  15. F

AC help?

I need these AC lines for my 02 XLT, does anybody know who sells these or were I might be able to find some...
  16. F

AC help?

17. F

rear differential ?

thats what I thought too, but it has the IRS, which has the rear arms bolted through the cover, so when you take the bolts out, I still don't see how there would be room to get the cover off and out??
  18. F

rear differential ?

I tried searching but, I still can't find the answer I'm looking for. we have an 02 explorer and the rear differential gasket is leaking, how do you get the differential cover off and out to change any help, pics or suggestions would be great...
  19. F

New guy form GA

Thanks guys..
  20. F

New guy form GA

hey everybody, not new to forums but new to Fords, I'm sure I will have lots of ?...lol 02 XLT 130K
Back