Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. macboney

3rd Gen and 4th Gen body parts

Thanks for the replies, helps a lot. Now I know if I find one I can change gates. Local pick-n-pull has them occasionally.
  2. macboney

Thanks guys. I thought there would be but I cant find them. Guess I am not using correct enough searech terms.
  3. macboney

Will 4th Generation lift gate fit 3rd? What about grill, bumpers etc?
  4. macboney

Sudden and short overheating

It is the check gauge light
  5. macboney

Sudden and short overheating

Frequently when first starting out for the day the water temp gauge will go to hot, light comes on and in 2 to 3 seconds the light goes off and the temp gauge goes down. Not loosing coolant to speak of. Have replaced thermostat housing that was leaking from crack and thermostat. I think it might...
  6. 1023121122a-1

1023121122a-1

Exterior of my 03. As a chaplain for public safety agencies I respond to calls over entire county. LED strobes are on roof rack, installed with angle aluminum, and in tail gate, and under front bumper. I did a thread on my radio console to see the interior set up. Not visible are Grover air horn...
  7. 1023121123-1

1023121123-1

Exterior of my 03. As a chaplain for public safety agencies I respond to calls over entire county. LED strobes are on roof rack, installed with angle aluminum, and in tail gate, and under front bumper. I did a thread on my radio console to see the interior set up. Not visible are Grover air horn...
  8. Chaplain's Explorer

Chaplain's Explorer

9. 1023121122-1

1023121122-1

10. macboney

Painting Roof Rack

I would suggest priming the aluminum parts with zinc chromate self etching primer and platic paint primer for plastic screw covers. Then use a flat or semi gloss automotive grade paint. The primer will help keep the paint on the aluminum. High temp paint will probably work better since the black...
  11. macboney

Radio console

Thanks Rondo. Most of it matches color and texture of stock console. Wasn't very hard to do if you can work with wood at all. All accessory wiring comes into two fuseblocks located under console.
  12. macboney

Radio console

I am a fire department chaplain and respond to emergency calls all over county. Switches are for lights, horn change switch ( I use stock horn and air horn both sounded using stock horn button). Single pole double throw swith switches between the two. Other switches are for various lights. 10...
  13. macboney

Radio console

I made a radio console to fit over the stock one in my '03. Materials used were MDF, masonite, paint and wood glue. I made patterns out of foam "science project" board. For paint, I carried a piece of interior trim to Lowe's Home Improvement center and they scanned it and made me up a sample...
  14. macboney

My Fog Light Bezels Meet Bondo Restore Black

I found another product that has worked on my 03 called Mothers Back to Black. Wipes on white and rubs in. Let it dry a dew minutes and wipedown with terry towel or something similar. Holds up pretty good too. Don't remember the cost, I don't have to use it very often but it came from Advance...
  15. macboney

Roof Rack part needed

I found one at the local pull & pay. Problem solved.
  16. macboney

Roof Rack part needed

I checked in the parts area of the forum and no luck. I need the drivers side front cap for the roof rack. Mine blew off and could not be found. Anyone have one they want to part with?
  17. macboney

How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex

Thanks again. I'm going to salvage yard and buy a whole assembly and try it. If it works, then I will do mine. This is one area that I have never worked on so it is hard to wildguess it an feel comfortab le. Thanks again. Fr. Mac
  18. macboney

How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex

Rondo, looking at your how to on the signal mirror it looks like there is space where the puddle light would be to put in the strobe. It just goes out toward the front of the vehicle instead of shining down. Can the original glass be reused or did you break it getting out? I was a "Gator...
  19. macboney

2004 Explorer. Front door panel removal help is needed.

sideview mirror light mounting Rhondo, you seem to know yu way around an Explorer pretty well. I need some advice. I am a fire department chaplain and cover a whole county. We have 8 stations with over 200 pros and some volunteers that fill in. I have some hideaway type LED strobes that come...
  20. macboney

Sideview mirror removal

I can not believe that in 4 years no one else has asked about this. I am a fire department chaplain and I want to mount what is normally a hideway dome shape fixture that comes with a bezel to make it look surface mount but the globe and wiring need to be inside. I want to put them on the...
  21. macboney

Ovehead Information

I have read several threads that discuss overhead consoles but have not found an answer for my question. So, do all 2003 Explorers have a double roof over the front seat area? I am going to put in a small overhead console that is primarily lights and somewhere to stash my sunglasses. I am...
  22. macboney

For Sale Parting out 97 Eddie Bauer 4x4

I am looking for the driver's door electric lock switch, that locks/unlocks the doors.
  23. macboney

97 being parted out You got me mixed up with someone else. I have a 96 I have been rrestoring and I am almost finished. I could have used some 97 parts, but as I said, isn't me.:cool:
  24. macboney

I need a bracket that holds the overhead console to the moulding around the sun roof molding. It makes a "z" shape to hold the end up that is away from the windshiled. Do you still have the overhead console?
  25. macboney

For Sale Tons Of Explorer Parts 95-01!!!

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll check a few other places.
Back