Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Come Wheel at The Badlands in Attica, Indiana. July 19th

I'll try and finally make one of these. Havent been to the badlands yet and lived in Lafayette my whole life!
  2. I

Help Me find a picture!

Hey everyone, haven't been active lately. Been pursuing another expensive hobby of mine (firearms) and haven't had anything to really report. Anyways, I have a buddy selling 285 duratracs with like 80% tread left, I have 265's and was wondering if they'd look goofy with my body lift installed...
  3. I

Rear Subwoofer Box

Just wondering if anyone would want my sub box I built to take the place of the driver side rear seat. It's quite large so shipping would be $$$. Its made out of 3/4" MDF and the top panels are reinforced with plywood so hanging the subs won't be hard on the wood. It's got 3 12" holes. If you...
  4. I

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Just my .02, I did a TT and shackles and wish I did the AL instead.... my springs started to sag bad after about 8 months. I'm hoping if I AAL now it'll help a bit... but I'll probably be buying super lift springs this summer if not a whole kit.
  5. I

Badlands Attica, Indiana April 25th or 26th

I have a sport trac same lift same tires. I may be able to go on the 26th with a buddy with a jeep who has been a couple times. Purdue also has an off road club that frequently goes. I haven't talked to anyone at the club yet.
  6. I

Leaf Springs

Yessir
  7. I

Leaf Springs

I have a 4x4 and color doesn't matter, I'm painting it when/ if I get it. I have one I painted now but I've been wanting a 2nd switch for awhile.
  8. I

Explorer speaker dimensions?

No one makes one for under because you'd have to take the seats out completely then put the box in and bolt the seats back on. That and if you use 3/4" mdf like recommended there wouldn't be any room in the mid section for air to move. There are 3 prefab box options: One 10 or 12 (shallow...
  9. I

Leaf Springs

I want one with the 2nd aux switch. There are 2 yard near me and they don't have anything. If you go out in the future and find one think of me!! :D
  10. I

Leaf Springs

If you snag another bezel with that 2nd switch I'd pay shipping and the cost of the bezel :) No salvage yards near me
  11. I

Leaf Springs

Hey man! I didn't get any notifications about this thread and kinda forgot about it haha. I also can't remember where exactly I read about all the spindle stuff (I have a 4x4 so I don't retain much when it comes to you guys). I remember a load of info in the stickied "lift options discussed"...
  12. I

Dual 10's Sub Box

No it sold long ago... Here is where I got it though, and the price came down! I paid $180 for it plus shipping! http://www.soundoffaudio.com/2001-2006-ford-explorer-sport-trac-dual-sub-box/
  13. I

Scope's Audio Build Thread

Just got a new amp! 1800w BRZ from hifonics. Rated to throw 1800w rms at 1ohm. Rewiring everything and hooking it up whenever Indiana decides to get warm.
  14. I

Explorer speaker dimensions?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347208 Here is my audio build thread. I have lots of info on their and a link for the company that made both an under seat box I used as well as a behind the seat box.
  15. I

Leaf Springs

There's lots of info on spindle lifts for our trucks in the lift options thread. Searching "sport trac spindle lift" gives lots of good info too. I'll give you some links tonight if I remember. Lots of homework and work tonight :\
  16. I

Leaf Springs

I've had a saggy rear in my Trac for awhile now. Lemme know how it goes! I may need to jump on a set of these and ditch my shackles!
  17. I

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! This is the snow we got in IN. Hope everyone had a good holiday and is getting ready for the new year! Anyone get any truck goodies?
  18. I

2001- 2005 sport trac Amp placement

You dont notice any difference when sitting in the seat. I did it following a tutorial on mysporttrac.com. Type R's can slam. Feed them the power they need and you'll be happy.
  19. I

2001- 2005 sport trac Amp placement

My setup. Not current pics but the truck is a mess right now. How to post pics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzbzQViBRg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  20. I

It was a tiny little car. Didnt really hit hard at all. I was basically stopped when it happened too. But I'll be checking it all soon. Gunna sand and repaint my undercarriage before the snow and salt comes.
  21. I

Got a write up somewhere? :)
  22. I

Loving the light bar. Did you make it or buy it?
  23. I

Hey all! Haven't posted in a while. im currently enroute to San Angelo TX and while I get some time off the wheel thought I'd see what all you dudes have been up to. Its been a rough month for my trac... First I got a slashed tire... And before I even got a new one put on this happened...
  24. I

Crackling sound from speakers

Ive never seen this before... Sounds like maybe there's a short somewhere and its causing yhe speakers to stay powered regardless of what the headunit is set to. Thatd be my guess anyway. Id even say the short is somewhere on the ground wire before the stereo is introduced to the circuit. Itll...
Back