Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

05 sport Trac tune up

I am getting ready to tune up my sport Trac and was wondering if anyone has done so recently using the new E3 spark plug? Also if installing New spark plug wires which ones to use Thanks, Dave
  2. D

I recently bought a 2005 Sport trac 4x4 to replace my 2001 so I can tow it behind my motorhome...

I recently bought a 2005 Sport trac 4x4 to replace my 2001 so I can tow it behind my motorhome. does anyone have the information about putting in a LED light and having ford reprogram the computer to let me tow it 4 wheels down. Thanks Dave
  3. D

I have a 2001 Sport trac and want to know if anyone has installed a neutral tow switch? I see...

I have a 2001 Sport trac and want to know if anyone has installed a neutral tow switch? I see lot's of threads on all years but mine. I know ford sells a part number for it but not any dealers around my area seem to have it, (Riverside County,Ca.) I have heard you don't really need a switch just...
  4. D

Flat Tow /Neutral Tow Kits

Good afternoon, does anyone know if my 2001 4wd sport trac can be towed as a Dinghy 4 wheels down behind a motor home?
  5. D

Reliability of sport tracs above 150k??

thanks for the reminder, I am overdue for a new trans filter. I am going to put a drain plug in this next time so it is easier for the next time.
  6. D

PCV for 2001 Sport trac

I did get a code P0113 a couple of weeks ago. I get P0303 once in a while also. The vehicle idles rough at stop signs. Several times it misses going up hills with lower RPM. It seems to run fine when I am driving at speeds above 40 for the most part. I did find a small leak in one vacuum line...
  7. D

PCV for 2001 Sport trac

Thank you for site, I went on it and it is very detailed on how to do it with pictures and all. Awesome. Now I need to find out how to check for a vacuum leak on the vehicle.
  8. D

PCV for 2001 Sport trac

My date is 8/00 so it must be a Job 2. did not know that until a few minutes ago when I looked it up after reading some of the threads on this site. I love the site, glad I joined in. Do you know where the PCV valve is? Thanks
  9. D

4.0 SOHC problems

I have the same vehicle and have a similar problem, I put in new wires, plugs, fuel filter and cleaned it up. Mine only seems to be a problem with low RPM. It runs fine and gets decent milage when I am on the freeways. I get 21.5 on the freeway and lucky to get 17 with city/highway combination.I...
  10. D

Reliability of sport tracs above 150k??

I have 209K on mine and have had it since new, I have put shocks and brakes on it a few times and tires of course, other than general maintenance it has been a great vehicle.
  11. D

PCV for 2001 Sport trac

I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could tell me the location of the PCV valve on my 2001 Sport trac 4x4. I have looked it up in a generic ford manual and it does not seem to be where it says it is. I also went out and bought a new valve (FV375) from Kragens. My own manual says it...
Back