Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Rear Calipers - Help

What is it called and where do I get it?
  2. Z

2002 "DOOR AJAR" which door, how do I narrow it down?

I drove with random chimes and door locks locking/unlocking at every other bump for 1.5 years. Tried wd-40, and even 2x went searching for bad wires per Big Rondo's link 2002 Ford Explorer door ajar and alarm problem. Finally discovered a short in the wiring for the window portion of the rear...
  3. Z

Another Power window problem

Bumping an old thread.... Similar problem at this link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323609&highlight=power+window . . . molding too tight at top of window . . .
  4. Z

Not Sure What This Is

Auto down module. My driver window also would only inch down but went up fine. Found this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300383&highlight=power+window advising to clip/disconnect the black wire: this disables the auto down feature, but the window now powers...
  5. Z

Window Sticks in Up Position (solved!)

Where do you get rubber conditioner? The guy at O'Reilly looked at me like I was speaking Swahilee when I asked for it. He set me up with some silicon spray which seems to be working so far . . . but a conditioner would probably be better.
  6. Z

Ghost in Driver window

Just did this today. Thanks. Driver window would only lower 1/4 of an inch each time the switch was pressed. Always went up well though. Clipped the black wire --I have a functioning power window again!! No one touch power down . . . but I can live with that. This forum is great! Thanks...
  7. Z

bad gas milage =/

Thermostat?
  8. Z

How to tell mileage?

Found the link. I have 210K and there is indeed a mark next to the 2/10 wheel. It wouldn't be noticeable if you weren't looking for it though. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289842&highlight=odometer+mark
  9. Z

door rattle

About 4 months ago I wrapped some black electrical tape around the horizontal post coming out of the body that the latches clasp around. It has worked very well so far, and the price is right.
  10. Z

Need help with Door Handles, Windows, Power Locks HELP

Outer Door Latch This link was helpful to me. It was the yellow part that snapped on both my driver's front and rear about 2 months ago. And this week the passenger front snapped when the handle was lifted, this allows the rod connected to the outer door handle to just flop, as it was no longer...
  11. Z

Rear ABS Speed sensor

I just had the same issue today at O'Reilly Auto with my 2002 4x4 Explorer (I have a '92 & an '02). Their ABS111 is the same too large of a part. I had to go to AutoZone for $52 and it fit AND the ABS light is no longer on. Replacement Tip: Lots of posts say it is a PITA to change but I haven't...
  12. Z

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

Thanks everyone for the good comments and labeled pictures--big help to this desk jockey. I changed my '92 plugs last weekend. First time since installed Ford rebuilt engine 90K ago. I am not a 15 minute guy, but reading the post gave me the confidence to know I was going about it the right way...
  13. Z

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

Thanks everyone for the good comments and labeled pictures--big help to this desk jockey. I changed my '92 plugs last weekend. First time since installed Ford rebuilt engine 90K ago. I am not a 15 minute guy, but reading the post gave me the confidence to know I was going about it the right way...
Back