Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Go back down to 31's?

Has anyone ever noticed a real difference in MPG going from 33 ATs to 31 ATs? I know we talk about this a lot. But any real experience in anybody going back down? I'm thinking of going back down for a bit. I need new tires but the difference in price for 31's and 33's is not much to me and I...
  2. F

CARFAX Report

never leased. strange stuff.
  3. F

CARFAX Report

hey jeff just wondering why?
  4. F

CARFAX Report

well yeah everything is right except this AZ ownership and DMV info. It has me as a CA owner just the wrong number of years. I know for a fact the title and registration were always the same the entire time I have had it registered here since 2002.
  5. F

CARFAX Report

Just wondering if you guys have ever done a CARFAX on your ex. I just did one and all this crap came up that is false to my knowledge. I bought it in 98 and have moved around a bit. One thing on there says new title issued and new owner in AZ in 2004. Then it does not show my ownership only the...
  6. F

Jeep Wheels on the Explorer

maybe one of those deals where ill have to drive over there and just try em on?
  7. F

haha chris yeah i gotta change that i moved back to sacramento.....part of the reason im going back down to 31's gas is pretty high out here. wonder if i will even see a change... and thanks rlfknlorangers
  8. F

Well I'm trying to go back down to 31's from my 33's. I did the research on here and got mixed results. Do yall know if these Ultra Wheels will fit the Ex? I understand that backspacing may be a problem. I talked to the guy, he is a kid and does not know the offset. They are from a 97 wrangler...
  9. F

Help, Which Is Cylinder #4 On 4.0?

thanks johnny, im traveling. the rough idle started then i got that p0304 misfire cylinder 4 code. changed the plug which was bad, fixed it for now, ill look into it when i get home, did some searches on here about it...
  10. F

Help, Which Is Cylinder #4 On 4.0?

Well i did a quick search. HELP, WHICH IS CYLINDER #4 ON 4.0?
  11. F

Rough Idle Changed O2 Sensor

i did reset the code. the 304 still came up it said cylinder 4. I guess it would be a good idea to check the plug for that. How do I know which is cylinder 4? And no I have not started using ethanol. But im in colorado, and i understand that 10% of all fuel here has ethanol in it. I just got...
  12. F

just talked to someone else, they said intake gasket leak?????
  13. F

Well I did my board searching and came up with nothing really conclusive. For the past week I have had a rough idle. It went from every so often to now all the time. Ran the codes, got a P0304 misfire and a bad 02 sensor. Changed the 02 sensor, I think it helped a little. I'm also getting that...
  14. F

Motorcycle Carrier

Well I think I got one of my questions answered . I now think I have the class II hitch with the 1 1/4" receiver. (Is that what was factory for the 97 xlt?) I assume I can just get a 2" adapter? I still have the question of how much I should go over that 300lbs tongue weight capacity. I hear...
  15. F

Motorcycle Carrier

Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Well I did a search, I don't think I got the exact answers I'm looking for. I interested in purchasing one of the motorcycle carriers. http://www.motorcycleramps.com/motorcycle-carrier.htm It says it fits any 2 inch receiver. That is what I have right? 97 xlt with...
  16. F

Problems with new motor in the X

hey thanks guys, it was a broken tensioner. real quick fix. im lucky there are no motor problems from running it a bit while it was overheating.
  17. F

thanks hermitrl, nobody else has any idea? right now i guess im just worried about how much this might be, cuz i just put the new motor in...
  18. F

First the battery light came on and then I noticed the temperature was all the way on hot and there was no power steering. I coasted off the highway and looked under the hood. The motor was over heating, the fan and belts were not moving, but the motor was still running. It still starts but the...
  19. F

Can I drive with bad ball joints??

Well I just tried to get an alignment. They showed me how by ball joints are bad. The upper and lower, and the tie rods. Well I just got a new motor, and new tires and I have no garage out at school. What is bad about driving the X with these problems?? I really don't have the money to fix it...
  20. F

How much does the 33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TSL Radial weigh?

Anyone know by chance?
  21. F

What do you guys think?

nothing has been done. they did tell me that there is a chance the valves have carbon build up. if it was just build up would i have to replace them? i am gonna try and find another garage or someone on the boards to help me again. so if you guys know a garage or person in Boulder/Denver please...
  22. F

What do you guys think?

they said it had low compression like 20 pounds or something and i have cylinders misfiring
  23. F

What do you guys think?

Well it's time for my X to get its first major repairs. My mechanic that I trust to a certain extent told me that I needed new fuel injectors, plugs, wires, an O2 sensor and a fuel filter. This was gonna be $1200. Then a week after it was in the shop they told me my valves were bad and it was...
  24. F

chapparal tires?

mystery brand?
Back