Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

radiator tank explosion!!!!

I have just developed a crack in that EXACT same spot. I plan to pick up a replacement radiator this afternoon and I hope the existing one makes it home! I felt fine until I saw this post!!!
  2. D

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

This was a huge help! Install too 10 minutes tops!
  3. D

driver door won't open or unlock

I am having this problem with a door I just picked up. There is a way to get it unlocked and open though. If you follow the linkage down from the top door lock, there is a place where it connects with another linkage. If you push that linkage up the door will work normally, until if falls back...
  4. D

Chassis VIN number help is needed.

I just ran into the issue of needing another VIN besides the driver's door one and low and behold there is one right underneath the driver's side headlight access door... If I would have known this about 8 hours ago it would have saved me a 3rd trip to the DMV that is an hour away!
  5. D

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

I just did this upgrade as my original bushings on the links were not there and the Ex would be all over the place when braking at highway speeds. Now she is rock solid and the write up was very accurate. I did have to put a torch to the upper sway bar bolt to loosen it and the passenger side...
  6. D

Key Fob Wireless Entry

Sweet!! Thanks all!
  7. D

Courtesy lamps

All of my dome lamps work but the rear map lights and front map lights do not come on when the door is open.
  8. D

Key Fob Wireless Entry

Yes, it does have the keypad. I am not sure if that package came with the remote entry or not.
  9. D

Courtesy lamps

Which courtesy lamps come on when the door is opened on a 95 Explorer? On mine the cargo and door lamps come on and that is it. They do not shed much light at all so I am thinking there should be more that come on.
  10. D

Key Fob Wireless Entry

How do I tell if my recently purchased Eddie Bauer Exp has the remote wireless entry capability?
  11. D

Keyless entry, key fob and keypad

I have a 95 Eddie Bauer, should I be able to use a key fob for entry? If optional, how would I tell if I have that option? Keypad question: it seems that I am not getting power to the keypad, is there a common cause for this? Thanks! _DM
  12. D

Free Online Ford Explorer Owner Manuals

Can anyone provide one of the electronic owner's manuals for the 1995?
  13. D

Center console RJ-45 Jack, what's it for??

So there is a cellular transceiver somewhere in my Exp?
  14. D

Oh yeah, my nephew had something similar in his Suburban. I was hoping it was some sort of diagnostic tool jack.
  15. D

I was removing my CD changer in a 95 Eddie Bauer and found an RJ-45 jack in the center console. Does anyone know what it is used for?
  16. D

New member in New Port Richey, FL

Hi all! I am somewhat new to this site since I bought my 95 Eddie Bauer in April 2010. I really like it and am working on getting all the gadgets working. I admit I have been lurking around here since but I must say this is a really good site for getting my questions answered! Great job!!
Back