Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2002 Explorer 5R55W Trans Won't Go Into Any Gear, No Codes

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer, 4WD, 4.0L engine, with a 5R55W transmission. Recently, I drove it to a restaurant with no issues. However, when I came out of the restaurant, it would not go into any gear. It starts fine in both Park and Drive, but not in any other gear, so I guess I can rule out...
  2. M

2005 Trasnmission issues

No issues with transmission filter
  3. M

2005 Trasnmission issues

Is this 4WD filter in the transmission or the transfer case?
  4. M

2005 Trasnmission issues

Hi Maddux31, I was just about to post my own question along similar lines when I came across yours. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer 4x4, 4.0L Gas, with a 5R55W transmission. Car was running fine until I came out of restaurant and attempted to drive it. It starts just fine, both in park and...
  5. M

No Crank, No Start, Flashing Theft Light: SOLUTION

SOLUTION: I have a 2002 Explorer XLT, 4x4, 4.0L. I went to start my car the other morning and I had a no crank, no start condition with a rapidly flashing theft light. I could hear relay(s) click when I put key into start position, but that was all. No clicking noises from starter...
  6. M

AC from Driver's side vents, none from passenger side vents

This is a manual, not automatic, climate control system. Thank you all for submitting some things to look for, but none so far have been the cause.
  7. M

AC from Driver's side vents, none from passenger side vents

I have read a number of posts re: ac from passenger side and none from driver's side, however, I have just the opposite. The air inlet door behind the glovebox is intact, but does not move. Should this door move when switching to max ac, heat, etc? Even if I manually move this door in or out...
  8. M

4.0L Valve Spring Compressor Ideas Needed

:us:Can anyone please share ideas on how to compress valve springs on a 2002 4.0L without purchasing the out-of-sight costly ford or otc specialty compression tool? Thanks!
  9. M

4.0L engine removal.

I removed the starter to gain access to the four flywheel nuts and removed those. I need to remove the 8 transmission to engine bolts and the motor mounts and I guess I am ready to pull the engine. I have looked at the transmission to engine bolts, some of them will prove to be difficult to...
  10. M

4.0L engine removal.

Any suggestions on how to get to the bellhousing bolts?
  11. M

4.0L engine removal.

Thanks, I have had great help from reading other threads for other problems. I guess I should add that this is an automatic not manual tranny.
  12. M

4.0L engine removal.

I have a 2002 XLT 4.0L 4x4. I need to pull the engine to change out chain tensioners for the balance shaft, front and rear timing chains. I have a Chilton's manual that says in order to pull the engine you must drop the tranny, drive axles, and transfer case. Before I made the decision to...
Back