Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Where is this Coolant Leak From?

I'm not sure where the Y split is. I read a couple threads about some place behind drivers rear wheel. Didn't find anything about this area by front passenger's feet. I'll search for Y split.
  2. P

Where is this Coolant Leak From?

This is in front of the passenger side front door.. You can tell from the wet plastic which area its coming from. Which coolant hoses run there? Thanks!
  3. P

Water Leak from Under Drivers Seat Area

Thanks for the reply. I'll check for exhaust leaks tomorrow.
  4. P

Water Leak from Under Drivers Seat Area

Hello. When I first start me car there's a water leak from under the car in the area below the drivers seat. Its looks like water as its clear... I collected in in a cup. Happens every time when starting a cold car. Any ideas?07 Mountaineer V8. Thanks!
  5. P

2006 6r60 trans fluid change.....anyone?

I just had my transmission flushed at Ford at 115k miles. Asked about dropping pan and swapping filters, they said they don't do that as flushing has better results. I actually called 3 dealers and a local shop and they all said the same thing. I had what appeared to be some torque converter...
  6. P

Slight Shake at Idle

Actually noticed the shaking in Park today. Hmm
  7. P

Slight Shake at Idle

Thanks!
  8. P

Slight Shake at Idle

Thank you! Any suggestions on tracking down a vacuum leak?
  9. P

Slight Shake at Idle

They had a computer hooked up while doing emissions (car running).. no codes.
  10. P

Slight Shake at Idle

BTW, no check engine light and just had emissions done, so no codes.
  11. P

Slight Shake at Idle

My 07 Mountaineer V8 with 101,000 miles has a slight shake at idle... Especially when at a stop light in Drive. On 2 occasions in the last year, RPM's dropped below 650 and car almost felt like it would stall. Only happened twice and cannot repeat problem. Car had new plugs and coils at...
  12. P

Hokie's looking for a Ford DD/light tow rig

I have an 07 Mountaineer V8. It tows great. I tow a 5000+lb boat 300 miles through hilly VT twice a year. Engine has plenty of power and stopping power is fine since trailer has brakes on both axles.
  13. P

Extreme Intermittent Skip.

I had/have a similar issue. I say had/have because after my last service, I haven't experienced the intermittent jerking. I took my car into a mechanic to have plugs changed. They changed plugs, started car and it ran rough.. They got a code that there was a cylinder 8 misfire. They ended...
  14. P

My Mountaineer is F*^Ked up... Spark Plugs

My catalytic converter is shot. Ford is replacing it and o2 sensors under warranty. Luckily emissions components carry a 80K warranty and I had 2K left to go! Now the questions is HOW did changing spark plugs lead to this mess? Perhaps carbon deposits were loosened during plug change and...
  15. P

They used motor craft plugs and coils. Saw the boxes.
  16. P

Took my car to a local shop for new plugs/coils. Plugs came out with a little wrestling, but none broke. All new coils as well. They started the car and it shook and the CAT converter overheated. Computer is throwing a throttle position sensor/crank position sensor out of sync error. On...
  17. P

V8 Owners, what are your RPM's at around 75mph?

Thanks for the advice! I'll start with the plugs next week.
  18. P

I have 75000 miles. Thanks.
  19. P

I have an 07 Mountaineer AWD V8 and it almost seems like my RPM was higher. My tach is a hair over 2000rpm at 75mph. I though it used to be closer to 2200. I also get a slight jerking at times at around 50mph going up a slight hill. Wonder is my torque converter is going bad or a coil is...
  20. P

Towing almost 6,000 lbs

I tow my 6000lb boat about 800 miles per year. Two 300 mile trips from CT to northern VT (through some serious hills). The Mountaineer does great. The trailer has disk brakes on both axles so stopping isn't an issue. Two years I ago I was in a hairy situation when an 18-wheeler locked his...
  21. P

2007 Mounty questions

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Did you get this fixed?
  22. P

Surge at high speeds

This happened to me twice on the highway in the past month. Traveling about 70mph at about 2000rpm the car shook a little. I didn't really notice much in the way of RPM change. I stepped in the gas, downshifted, problem gone. The dealer couldn't replicate the problem and of course, I have...
  23. P

Acceleration Vibration

I've had this exact issue since I bought my 07 AWD V8 Mountaineer. Mechanics have tried to track it down with no success and have driven other AWD model with the same behavior.. I've learned to live with it and have accepted that its normal for this truck.
  24. P

AWD Lock Mountaineer

First option when you press setup.
  25. P

07 mountaineer noisys diff.

The whole system is electronically controlled. I think its a gremlin showing its ugly head every once in a while. Perhaps every once in a while it senses some slippage? I had this checked out last year and everything looked normal. Hopefully it'll stay that way as my extended warranty...
Back