Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

wanna keep all my space but still have king kong in the trunk

I used to drool over carvin catalogs all the time. Tried to put together one of their custom guitars multiple times, but they always came out around $1500+ by the time I was finished adding everything.
  2. K

wanna keep all my space but still have king kong in the trunk

I'm kind of in the same boat with my aviator. I've got two 12"s in my f150 under the back seat that I love. I want something that's totally stealth, but think I'd like to go with some low profile 15"s and use the whole back compartment. I'd like to end up with something that I could still...
  3. K

Fix CD player or just buy a new one?

I was just using both of my 6-cd (mustang/aviator) until I could throw down on a decent system, of course they both broke. Made me long for a single CD player that actually worked. I did pack up 30 or so when I went to pick up my aviator. It was kind of nostalgic, now that I can fit 400...
  4. K

Fix CD player or just buy a new one?

Everyone should ship their broke ass 6cd changers back to Ford. Let them deal with them.
  5. K

explorer express front spoiler

Not sure if the price is right, but stumbled on this. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2881741225.html
  6. K

Any suggestions for a 1.5k mile road trip?

I take 68 through WV because the speed limits are higher, no tolls, and you don't have to do that Breezewood nonsense.
  7. K

Oil Change interval

Did my "new" aviator at close to the same mark. Had 700 miles to make it back home, so shortly thereafter for me. It's quick, cheap and easy, so why wait. At 3000 and change now, and probably will do it again soon before stretching it out.
  8. K

Ratchet shifter

Sweet ride usarmyaros. I was thinking about the same thing for my aviator when the factory shifter (inevitably) broke. The TSI shifter looks much wider than the stock avi one though.
  9. K

ABS code 53, no windows, radio, instuments

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I finally found my ABS scanner, had 5 codes. Should have copied them down, but I'd already made an appointment at the dealer, so I just ran through and deleted them all. First Key Off/Key On the dash lights lit momentarily and then went out. Second Key Off/Key...
  10. K

ABS code 53, no windows, radio, instuments

I've had a similar issue with my aviator. The first time, I pulled the gauge cluster and made the mistake of turning it on without it. That was a trip to the dealer to recalibrate the abs/traction control module. And installing my aftermarket stereo I ran the battery down to 7 volts. Now...
  11. K

Quick Question....

I drove my first rental car with a moonroof (glass sunroof) in vegas in 2000, so it was a must have when I went looking for my mountaineer. I won't buy a vehicle without one now (unless it's a convertible), although this series has a SMALL one, compared to other vehicles' moonroofs.
  12. K

Question about changing ST sound system

PAC & Metra make steering wheel control adaptors. But you need to buy a head unit that is capable of using them. It should be one signal cable & power & ground to the main connector.
  13. K

Chrome Window Trim/molding

It's not the pillar trim, it's the big chrome line at the base of the windows. After I ditch the roof rack, this will be the last big chrome thing.
  14. K

Where are the Mustang guys?

They never made the one I wanted, an auto 03/04 cobra convertible. (Stop and go traffic is a constant around here). Even a Mach 1 convertible would have been nice from the same era. Ended up with a silver 01 gt convert, it was 1/3 of the price of the cobras @ the time.
  15. K

Chrome Window Trim/molding

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this was all I could find regarding window trim (and not the pillar trim). I basically want to do the opposite of the OP. Replace my aviator chrome trim with black trim, but the service manual is TERSE when it comes to removal and replacement. I'm...
  16. K

Roof Rack or no?

I'm taking mine off of my Aviator. It's too chromy for me, but I'm going for the street scene vibe. I saw a thread on how to take them off, and know how it should come off logically, but I couldn't figure out how to get the end caps off (without damaging them). But I haven't tried a new...
  17. K

Farewell to my Mountaineer :(

Appreciate you sharing more details. I'd always wanted to put bigger diameter wheels and lower profile tires on mine while I had it, but after the firestone lawsuit deal, all the big guys like tire rack wouldn't sell + size rims & tires at all, which I thought would help with stability. Was...
  18. K

Farewell to my Mountaineer :(

Glad you're okay. I hope you'd change your mind about explaining the details, so other people could benefit from your experience and about what circumstances to avoid (if possible). I had a black 5.0 awd 97 for 10 years, and never felt unsafe in it.
  19. K

Is there as DIY on here on putting in a sunroof into a 2003 ford explorer?

My advice would be to get it professionally done, or sell the one you've got and get one with a factory unit. When I was looking at 97-03 f150's I figured it'd be easier to find the truck I liked without one, and get an aftermarket unit put in, since they didn't make that many with them...
  20. K

opinions for wheels?

I was going to go for some mustang wheel derivatives (plenty of 17"s in the stock line) my personal faves were the cobra & saleen wheels, until I found out how much they weighed in replica 20"s.
  21. K

Adrenalin wheels on ebay

What are you looking for b.t.w. for the winter wheels? Those look ideal to me.
  22. K

Double Din or Wheels?

Option 1 for me. Give me some ear candy first. Although I still have my factory stereo and bought rims for it :nono: but I was going from 17"s to 20"s
  23. K

Adrenalin wheels on ebay

wow. I'll say@ pricey. I got a full set of lightweight aftermarket 20"s and tires for that price. I know peeps are looking for them though. Still waiting to see how much one of those things weighs.
  24. K

opinions for wheels?

lol, beat me to it. I looked for over 6 months for something I liked, and I liked a lot of the mustang rims, problem being they were 17" and I was looking for 20's. I ended up with tsw interlagos, but I think the neurenbergs are the same type of rim, forged center I think, so even the 20" * 8...
  25. K

opinions for wheels?

total blackout.
Back