Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Solved Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

I have a 98 2wd. it needs a tranny. i can get a 97 2wd tranny. chart says it will fit (5R55E). Is there anything such as speedo fitting, etc... that could be a problem?
  2. E

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

Ok, I did the band adjustment and a filter change on my 98 exp EB as well as a fluid and filter change. Now occasionally it will not shift out of first gear. Any suggestions on possibly moving the band adjustments one way or the other? Which band? Thanks in advance.
  3. E

Transmission woes.

Update on Transmission Woes So, after replacing the VSS on the differential, draining and flushing the transmission, changing filter, and adjusting the OD and intermediate bands, I am gleeful to report.........She's ALIVE. Either luck or prayer worked. I would not have known about the band...
  4. E

P0133 and P0340 Codes

My daughters 1998 Explorer Bauer 4.0 SOHC is showing P0133 and P0340 codes and the O/D Off light is blinking. Can anyone direct me to the proper forum or pertinent thread? Thanks in advance.
  5. E

Transmission woes.

I am a new user. My first post, so be gentle. My dauughters 1998 Explorer Eddie Bauer started with a blinking O/D light. I asked her to go get the codes read, which she never did! Then the battery died. Replaced the battery, everyting seemed OK. Yesterday, on her way to work, the...
Back