Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Alpine Headunits

Careful with the CDA-117. The scrolling feature with USB SUCKS!!!!!! CD player has died within 6 months The only thing good about this unit is clean power, high volt pre outs, expandability. I had a Pioneer DEH-4100UB and it absolutily ROCKED
  2. R

Need help finding the right component speakers

HAHA! I have proved myself wrong a bit here! I've just found home speakers that "are" oval! I'll be damned..... http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-IMF-TLS80-Loudspeakers-Rare-Quality-Price-Slash-W0QQAdIdZ308804360
  3. R

Interesting... Oil Pressure Gauge increases with Electrical System Demand???

Hey everyone! Long time reader, first time questions asker. So this is my latest ??? with my 1996 Explorer XL. When I crank my stereo, my oil pressure gauge jumps up and bounces. Now, I'm used to the Volt Meter kinda doing this, but my oil pressure gauge? WFT? It is a stock motor, stock...
  4. R

Is this speaker okay?

I had no idea JL offered a C5-650CW. I have a pair of the C5-650 up front and they sound pretty good, although it seems to lack mid bass a bit IMO. If you/I was to spend the time needed to build a "box" in the panel, it may sound damn good, but that would take quite a bit of time and effort...
  5. R

Parts Clearout!! Cheap Cheap Cheap!!!

Hey man, where about r you? Edmonton by chance? Kinda new and from what I can tell by looking myself, you're across The Pond. :}
  6. R

97 xlt 6disc console changer issue

Steps to "fixing" this issue. #1- Get hammer #2- Slam hammer against changer #3-24 Repeat step #2 #25- Replace changer with a USB capable component. #26- Enjoy Sorry for the antagonistic approach. Really, I haven't the foggiest idea on this on, but sounds to me like it would be easier...
  7. R

Bringing in power

yeah, there are two (at least) grometted holes in the firewall. You will need to remove the portion of carpet that in right by the gas/brake pedal, and then you'll need to pull that gromet out. This may be tough as the rubber has probably solidified a bit. What I did was this: take a razor...
  8. R

Need help finding the right component speakers

Don't fear the oversized speakers. A little ingenuity and your good! I just finished installing JL Audio C3-650 which is a 6-3/4". Stay away from oval speakers, go with round ones. I had the same question a while back and thought of something..... have you EVER seen anything other than round...
  9. R

What do you have in your Explorer?

Well, here's mine. It's been a painfull process (and too damn expensive!) Head unit: Alpine CDA-117 Front Speakers: JL Audio C3-650 Rear Speakers: Pioneer TSA-1627 or something (cheapies from previous time Subwoofer: MTX TR7512-22 4Chan Amp: Focal Solid4 Mono...
  10. R

Driver side sag.....

I have a 96 4dr and it sags like a...... well.... Leaf springs aren't going to be the only issue. The shocks will need replacing too. Once sag occurs, both portions of the suspension will be dmgd. Due to Fords "fantastic" engineering with the gas tank soley on the drivers side, you pretty much...
  11. R

New Subs+Speakers

I have currently one TR7512-22 and it hits really low. If you go this route, I would highly recommend a "sealed" enclosure to expand the noticable range a bit more. Mine is in a slightly too small ported box, and it sounds good but a sealed will sound better. I'm going to be making my own sub...
Back