Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

99 sport with 235/85r16 skinnys!

Thanks Obie! I don't know why I'm just now seeing your reply! Yeah, I've had them for a couple months now, and I'm beginning to get use to the singing they do! Also, something I never considered was that they are BY FAR the most hydroplane-resistant tire I've EVER driven. That says a lot...
  2. I

Sorry, bud. They are E rated :(
  3. I

Not according to the owner, no. I asked him if they were treadwrights, and he said he had never heard of them! Ha!
  4. I

Yeah they did actually! The other tires he showed me looked exactly like the patterns you'd find by Treadwright, but mine were the only ones I hadn't seen on the Treadwright website.
  5. I

Got them at a local shop called Keith Tire and Service in Magee, MS.
  6. I

Man I didn't even ask! I'll call the shop tomorrow and check. I'm betting they are E range tho. I know they are heavier than the 255/75 street tires it had on it.
  7. I

Painted the wheels:
  8. I

I thought I'd post these pics since I found VERY little info on Explorers with narrow tires. The tires are new RETREADS that paid less than $450 for, including tax, mount and balance. The SPORT has shackles, but I maybe only gained .5 inch over stock due to the sagging rear springs. The front...
  9. I

Another new guy

Hey fellas. Name's Scott and I live in central MS. Just bought my second EX. It's a 99 Sport 4wd. For the first time ever, I was lucky enough to get one with good options. This one has 4:10s with limited slip! Let the mods begin!
Back