Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Dead Power Windows.. Fixed!

Just fixed mine. Same wire.
  2. E

Weird Barometric Pressure Reading

I tried to search for this problem here but came up empty. I have been getting a CEL Only in the wintertime. Using the Auto Ingenuity Enhanced Ford Program I get codes for Lean fuel on both banks. Using the Ford Factory Service manual, I started troubleshooting per the fault tree. Every...
  3. E

A/c Help

If you had a dead empty system & didn't pull it down with a vacuum pump you might have some air in the system. Also r-134 is very temperamental with the amount of charge. a little over or under will effect the temps. When I recharge I get close to what the label under the hood says & start...
  4. E

Safety Recall -Speed Control Deactivation Switch

I just had mine done when I got the keys reprogrammed. They checked the OASIS & found out it was never done. It didn't take long to do.
  5. E

AC Dryer Removal

Get a remover kit from the auto parts store.It comes with 6 different sizes & works with fuel lines too. I bought a kit for less than $10 bucks & have used it on several trucks. Avoid the all in one tool.
  6. E

A/C woes!

if you use a bypass pulley you can use the same size belt. AutoZone lists a belt for your ex without a/c. PN# is 805K6. But I don't know if the non A/C engine has the same pulley arrangement. Maybe some one will chime in...
  7. E

exhaust manifold to exhaust downpipe question

Nope, There isn't any gaskets. just make sure you tighten the bolts as evenly as you can.
  8. E

Crank Seal Replacement

I did my seal when I had the timing cover off. the manual says to use a special tool but I just bought the cheap seal ( $ 7.00 compared to $ 35.00 ) & marked where the old seal stopped & installed the new one to the same depth.
  9. E

Tachometer Problem

I'm going to do it Sunday. I'll try to get a pic.
  10. E

Tachometer Problem

Mine has the same problem. I'm going to try cleaning it over the weekend. I'll let you know how I make out.
  11. E

help ac problem

Ok. If it is a vacuum problem the system is made to default to the defrost mode to keep the windshield clear. if you are losing all blowing in the cab, meaning nothing out of any vents then you probably have a fan or electrical problem. Something might be moving around when you hit the gas. I...
  12. E

help ac problem

Does the a/c turn off or just stops blowing from the Dash vents ? If it just stops blowing from the dash vents & starts blowing out the defrost vent ,The check valve in the Vacuum Reservoir is probably bad. The Reservoir is located in the r/s fender well & the check valve is built in so if it's...
  13. E

cam chain noise

Go for the tensioners first. They have springs in them that keeps tension till the oil pressure builds. you can get to the back one by removing the r/s fenderwell.
  14. E

Lower brake lights don't work

I'd Check that harness & the ground wires . I see that the 3rd brake light has it's own grd. So a bad grd. at the lower lights can cause problems. LEDs need at least 9 volts to work so i'm betting your problem is towards the rear after that junction to the lower lights.
  15. E

Are you having problems with your Keyless entry system ? I see the RAP module is tied in to the brake light system too. The third brake light is on the same line as the brake light & it junctions off. so every thing upfront should be ok. the Rap is added after that junction. maybe that...
  16. E

Do you have a trailer harness ? Sometimes the splicing people do to install them can cause problems. Other than that I have a manual for a 99 That should be close. I'll check & see if I can't dig up anything .
  17. E

another timing chain question

I finally got those Guides in. It took a little more than just wiggling But I got the motor together yesterday. I put it back in today & it sounds great. Hopefully I won't have to do that again for awhile. Thanks for the help.
  18. E

10/4, I'll try it in the morn. Thanks
  19. E

I got all the bolts, I just cant get the guide out past the head. the lower pivot hits the bottom of the head. I got the old one out but I had to bend it to get past the head. No biggie because it was wore out anyway. But I can't get the new one in.
  20. E

See if you can't find some metric All-thread. I Know that Lowe's carries regular All-thread But I never had to buy the metric so I don't Know if they have it. It come in about a 3ft. Rod. just cut it to the size you need & put a nut on it. Instant Bolt
  21. E

I'm getting ready to do the frt. cassette right now & i'm having trouble getting it out. I still have the heads on. do they need to come off ?
  22. E

No power to small wire at starter

My manual does not show the Rabs being involved with the cranking system on my year. Anyway I'd check the simple stuff first. Fuses & relay & go from there
  23. E

No power to small wire at starter

Auto or manual ? check fuse # 24 in your fuse box Looking at my 99 manual I show a relay in your under hood fuse box for the starter, can't tell the # Check your owners manual if you have one. After that it's either the clutch switch or auto trans selector switch or ignition switch. hope...
  24. E

Rear timing chain rattle?

Mine was making noise all the time like yours & it turned out the whole guide was gone. The only thing holding the chain was the guide mounting bolt. After pulling the engine I found the main chain tensioner was broken also even though it didn't make any noise. I bought an entire kit & plan on...
  25. E

help cant get the fan cluch off

You just hit it a little in the nut flat in the direction of removal. It's not that tight. ( unless your going in the wrong direction) . mine moved less than an 1/8 of a flat. took it the rest of the way off by hand. Done in 30 sec.:D
Back