Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I must unfortunately drop out of the group buy. Looking to buy a new car.
  2. W

I'm definitely in, I've been wanting these for 2 years and finally had the funds as soon as they were no longer available. Not missing this chance.
  3. W

Put me in. 2000 Mounty 5.0.
  4. W

Torque Monster header availability teaser...

Here is the response I'd received from Erica: ** Made to Order and it takes 2-3 weeks** **Shipping method Fedex Ground, unless customer specifies other shipping method at an additional charge. 1996 to 1997 -1/2 (early 97’ model until build date 12/96) Internal EGR system only. Headers...
  5. W

Thank you for a straight up answer. I've sent out an e-mail just to be sure.
  6. W

Awesome, so everyone is supposed to e-mail this person to find out the same question?
  7. W

"Ghost Cam"

There were two hoses, smart-ass, I was trying to figure out which one it was. I'd rather not pull out a hose unknowingly. Granted both times I'd looked and it was above 95, I didn't look very hard for where the hose's went. I don't really care for this information now, but it was going to be...
  8. W

When can i/anyone purchase these headers?!?!
  9. W

"Ghost Cam"

Hey there, I was just curious to know what vaccum hose I'd pull to make a "ghost cam" sound on the explorer! There was a video on youtube posted by TekMan05, just search for "Ghost Cam Explorer" and you'll end up finding it. I have a 2000 Merc Mountaineer with the 5.0 in it. Pictures help...
  10. W

Anyone found a usable off the shelf 3" tailpipe?

Sorry for hijacking your post powerfiend =p
  11. W

Totally forgot that MAC's catback exhaust was 3" out. Can I have a photo of how it's ran underneath Turdle? Thanks for the response.
  12. W

I just bought a magnaflow muffler for mine, 2.5" inlet dual, 3" out single. I actually just went to get a quote on how much it'd cost and the guy said that it was impossible to run 3" out... Obviously doesn't know what he's talking about because he also said that the inlet size is 2"...even...
  13. W

BMiller's 99 XLT

Sick R1 mate. What year is that?
  14. W

Exhaust

For which set of headers? Stock headers?
  15. W

Exhaust

Hello, I have two questions that I've been searching for the past 3 hours. 1) What is the Inlet size of the exhaust on a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L? ***I know the outlet size is 2 1/4" O.D.**** 2) What are some viable options available for headers other than Torque Monsters, I...
  16. W

MAC exhaust

For some reason i didn't include this in the beginning. I'm also looking for something that would boost my performance or keep it the same. Sometime in the future i plan on purchasing TMH.
  17. W

MAC exhaust

and thats keeping dual in 2.5" and 3.0" out? i heard that 3.0" is too big and will decrease performance.
  18. W

MAC exhaust

awesome. is there any series that you recommend? I've looked into this before and i lost track of all of this. i've heard the 40 series is very loud and will have drone, and then keep going up it isn't as loud.
  19. W

MAC exhaust

no in cab drone either? thank you for the quick reply.
  20. W

MAC exhaust

Hello, I've searched and read about the MAC exhaust on this forum but i wasn't really getting a clear answer about this exhaust. I'm just curious to know if it will have a deeper tone and louder growl compared to the stock exhaust. I have a '00 Mountaineer with the 5.0L with stock headers and...
  21. W

New Pioneer Deck

As did I, whenever people are in my truck they think i have a woofer in it. :thumbsup:
  22. W

New Pioneer Deck

I've been pretty lucky with mine so far, i've had no problems at all with it. I prefer having the USB at the front so i can just pull it out of the slot right away when i get to school since i have music and files on there. sorry you're not having the best experience with it so far, but i'm glad...
  23. W

New Pioneer Deck

I believe it depends on what the sound system you have in there is, (JBL vs stock). Don't take my word for it though, I'd assume so.
  24. W

Synthetic Oil

I do believe that aldive had covered this, i do remember him saying that switching to synthetic was the best thing to do to get better gas mileage. Thanks for the quick reply's. Someone can convince me wrong if aldive was incorrect.
Back