Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Grinding while driving

... forgot to include that I checked the fluid level in the front axle only. Should probably do the same in the rear, huh?? Any help in identifying the source would be very helpful.
  2. F

Grinding while driving

Thie is encouraging. I have a 92 with 4WD (Dana 35 front axle) and as I increase speed, it sounds as if it is on rumble strips on the shoulder of I-95. The rumble continues and slows down as I apply the brakes. It is really bad at 55 mph. I have replace front wheel bearings, brake pads and had...
  3. F

Is an 5.0 awd explorer a nice suv

5.0 with AWD I have had a number of Explorers but my favorite was a 2000 EB with a 5 litre and all the bells and whistles. I would recommend one to anybody. The engine is great and the AWD beats 4WD in my book.
  4. F

Been here b4 when I had a 2000 EB 4x4. Great to be back and posting again. Just bought a real...

Been here b4 when I had a 2000 EB 4x4. Great to be back and posting again. Just bought a real challenge/ '92 XL 4X4 with no frills at all. Manual glass, doorlocks.. no frills at all. 179,x.. miles but everything works, just needs a little love. Engine is leaking like a seive from every orifice...
Back