Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Post valve cover repair codes

Got in and jiggled the appropriate fuel injector electrical connections and the problem went away. No codes, running great.
  2. M

The folks at the local parts store were gracious enough to let me reset the codes. They came right back after the second time I cranked it up. I will check the connections on the fuel injectors.
  3. M

I recently repaired the valve cover gaskets. I got it all back together and .... P0201 - Fuel injector circuit condition - #1 P0205 - Fuel injector circuit condition - #5 P0171 - Fuel trim bank 1 / Bank 1 lean (probably a child code related to above) Has anyone seen this issue before? I...
  4. M

What tools to change upper manifold and valve cover gaskets?

I got the ERG pipe just by loosening the bottom fitting with my 10" adjustable crescent wrench; 2002 4.0L. I was able to finagle it out of there without removing the fitting from the top of the pipe. I recommend a universal joint for that one stubborn T30 bolt at the rear drivers side of the...
  5. M

What tools to change upper manifold and valve cover gaskets?

Did you have trouble with or need special tools for the EGR pipe?
  6. M

2002 4.0L V6 valve cover gasket replacement and TIPS!

Thanks for the write up. I have to make the same repair to my 02 explorer. Its been fun going around town smelling like burnt oil but enough's enough.
  7. M

Caliper locked up

I would definitely check the emergency brake. I was driving down the highway recently and my right rear sezied. Emergency brake had been stuck engaged and burned the rear wheel bearing causing it to seize. Bearing and hub are totally toasted, brake pads shot (just a thin pad not meant for...
Back